LegacyGT.com

04 sti struts on my BD?

Talkin to a guy about buying his 04 sti struts! 35k miles, No springs, no top hats, 200$+ shipping. Does that sound reasonable? And what am I gonna have to do to make those work on my 97 LGT sedan? How much lower will this set me?

not sure why it will have the fitting on them. dont know what it would be for. zerk fittings are to add grease to components and you don't add anything to dampeners. i wouldn't pay 200 for used dampeners only. unless they were adjustable aftermarket ones. and dampeners will not lower your car at all. that is what springs do. i would save up and buy some agx's or koni's. especially if they dont come w/ top hats. and over 100k on struts is no good either. of course you could buy both sets and put them together if you would like. that might be a decent combo.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

But the top haps on the fully loaded wrx struts will bolt right up right? And if the 100k wrx struts are bad cant I just get them recharged? They come with springs

• I Donated

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

the zerk fittings are to re-grease the housing. Sti struts are inverted, which means there is a strut cartridge bolted into the housing upside-down. the fittings are to grease the bushings. It is very common for the sti struts to clunk and that fixes the problem.

the zerk fittings are to re-grease the housing. Sti struts are inverted, which means there is a strut cartridge bolted into the housing upside-down. the fittings are to grease the bushings. It is very common for the sti struts to clunk and that fixes the problem.

Bingo ^

And STI struts are a GREAT upgrade with good spring support.

200 for the struts to me is about worth it with that kind of mileage.

The rear top hats you will need to source (I am using 06 WRX rear top hats)

Archived