LegacyGT.com

I need help with my Boost Leak!

yes that's the intake i have. can you show me what the 'funnel mod' looks like after it's been installed. i think our problems are very similar but not exactly the same. The guy who had the car before me put an aftermarket FMIC on the car and after doing it he realized that he can't put the left fog light back it. i think water is getting through from the fog light hole. not exactly sure but could be. maybe try to trade this off and buy a different short ram?

could be coming in through the grille, but if i have all the rubber pipe connectors and all the hose clamps tight and in place, how will the water drip down. this car is my DD and i would really like to fix this issue.

could be coming in through the grille, but if i have all the rubber pipe connectors and all the hose clamps tight and in place, how will the water drip down. this car is my DD and i would really like to fix this issue.

Water is not getting sucked in anywhere up high when it comes through the grill. It hits the hard pipe and drips down, past the heat shield and onto the top of the filter element. The modified red plastic funnel in that picture gets slipped onto the hard pipe before the filter is attached and clamped down. It acts like an umbrella.

If you're having problems with water coming in from the fog light, just block the opening off temporarily with something like a nerf football.:lol: If that works, you could always buy a set of fog light blanks that the 2.5i's came with from the factory instead of the fog lamps housings.

• 2 weeks later...
@trackhore im not sure what you mean by that....

If you had an AEM intake with the fogl ight missing, it's possible turbulent air was hitting the filter directly and messing with the MAF reading. This is a common problem with cold air intakes that aren't not properly shielded

Archived