LegacyGT.com

Subaru showed some kintama finally!

Just got my new Road and Track for August, and there's a two-page ad featuring the Legacy's headlights and the Subaru logo on one page, and the rear 3/4ths of a Legacy on the next with the crossover list like the Outback commercials. I saw this before online, but I can't remember where... Glad to see Subaru took this national! Faster than ------> BMW 530i, Audi A4 Quattro, Porsche Boxter Corners better than ------> BMW 530i, Audi A4 Quattro 0-60 MPH ------> 5.8 Seconds Germany ------> In Mourning :lol: :lol: :lol: And in the text, they reiterate that it was Japan's Car of the Year- Subaru Marketing is finally kicking ass!

[quote name='babyvoxfan']Just got my new Road and Track for August, and there's a two-page ad featuring the Legacy's headlights and the Subaru logo on one page, and the rear 3/4ths of a Legacy on the next with the crossover list like the Outback commercials. I saw this before online, but I can't remember where... Glad to see Subaru took this national! Faster than ------> BMW 530i, Audi A4 Quattro, Porsche Boxter Corners better than ------> BMW 530i, Audi A4 Quattro 0-60 MPH ------> 5.8 Seconds Germany ------> In Mourning :lol: :lol: :lol: And in the text, they reiterate that it was Japan's Car of the Year- Subaru Marketing is finally kicking ass![/quote] Awesome! Very cool to see that they aren't focusing all thier attention on the outback. They need to market this car.. it's going to be a hot seller.

Here's the link to the local ad. They are still running it. [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=1212[/url] It is in the same format as the national ads. I would think that SOA would need to approve the content.

[quote name='SoldonSubie']Here's the link to the local ad. They are still running it. [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=1212[/url] It is in the same format as the national ads. I would think that SOA would need to approve the content.[/quote] That ad is my favorite :D. Too bad 5.5 is a bit far fetched but maybe attainable.
-ben

The ads are showing up all over. I saw the same full page Legacy GT sedan ad in "Tennis" magazine, next to the MB, TL and Audi ads. Its' starting!! Interest is growing and won't peak for another 6 months or more. Glad I have my order in.

I think the first ad that I saw for the GT (not OB) was in Sporting News. I'm a bit surprised that they toned it down from 5.5 to 5.8 seconds except for the fact that they may want to write that it is slower than the WRX when it may not be in reality. Gotta wait for the magazine full tests.

Kintama, Huevos, Chutzpah, whatever you call it, the Leg GT print and TV adverts are BOLD. These adverts make big claims and set very high expectations. The TV advert uses words like “revolution” and claims a new standard has been set for sport wagons. The print advert claims to be faster than two Porsche's and a BMW X5. This is fighting language, “bring it on”. This is EXTREME marketing and very deliberate. I cannot remember the last time I saw this level of aggressive image change and std setting. Based on how many different channels I have seen the TV advert and how frequently they are running the advert, this is a major campaign. Subaru has challenged the big dogs to a match. I am anxious to see how they back up the claims and conduct actual game. You don’t use such strong language and launch a massive image campaign without a short-term and long-term plan to back it up. The “Car & Driver”, “Road & Track” drive compare event around the country may be an initial peak at the game plan. This is going to be fun to watch.

Yep, Japanese for balls. Literally translated "golden balls". But in Japanese, one would typically not use the term to imply boldness, brashness or courage. Ken

Archived