LegacyGT.com

how to remove grill from 09?

Assuming the gt's are the same as the n/a's (which they should be)... you do not have to remove the bumper in the 09's.

My buddy with an 08 lgt insists that he DOES have to remove the bumper, but in my 09, i did not have to. A matter of fact, i can take my grill out in about 2 minutes.

Open the hood. There are some screws or plastic uphostery screw clips at the top of the grill.. maybe 2... maybe 4. cant remember. Then there are 4 (i think) 'clips.' You push in the little tabs on the clips, and that (along with the removed screws) sets the entire top of the assembly free... .The bottom rests in slots of some sort iirc.

Just kinda pull up at an angle. Wiggle a bit, and it should come free. Unless mine came broken from the factory! :lol:

If this makes no sense, i blame the cold meds. I can take a pic or something if really needed.

I actually was able to finally get the grill off and this isn't entirely true

there are six screws, including two that are very deep connecting the grill to the bumper. You probably originally took them off and never put them back in (which a lot of people had said they did).

I had to bend back the grill far in order to get a very short phillips head screwdriver down there to remove the remaining screws and then was able to remove it

retarded design if you ask me.

I actually was able to finally get the grill off and this isn't entirely true

there are six screws, including two that are very deep connecting the grill to the bumper. You probably originally took them off and never put them back in (which a lot of people had said they did).

I had to bend back the grill far in order to get a very short phillips head screwdriver down there to remove the remaining screws and then was able to remove it

retarded design if you ask me.

Yeah, if you scroll past my post, you can see a boat load of other posts stating that there were screws in there. Apparently the prior owner for whatever reason, removed them for me!

Looking at the grill again, with the proper tools, you shouldnt have to drop the bumper cover.

Archived