LegacyGT.com

Cruise Control Switch

Anyone have the wiring diagram of the cruise control switch......Working on installing a "power mode" switch and was going to use an extra cruise control button to switch it on and off.-Thanks

the cruise control switch may not be the best choice. i think it is a momentary switch and a relay actually holds the circuit on until you turn off the switch or the car off. (that type of circuit would be perfect but it would need a relay and the right wiring, i think.)

fog lights or rear defrost would be better, ''in is on, out is off''.

any 12 volts will do. i used a 12 wire from one of the other switches, BUT i think those have all run through their respective devices already. (the rear defrost has i'm pretty sure.)

all of the switches also has an illumination circuit. a 12 v lead and ground for a light when you turn on the head lights. you COULD use this lead from another switch ot power your ''on'' indicator light but it would only work when the head lights are on. this isn't an issue for me, my headlights are always on anyway.

I got the rear defrost switch and found that the black wire is positive? and the blue wire is ground?.....but it doesnt seem to be holding resistance and only lets current through if i compress the switch all the way down....so im assuming this might need a relay?....what do i need to do....i was also going to try to splice into the power from the fog lights to power the light in the switch which one is the power for that?

Archived