LegacyGT.com

New 2.0 Turbo for Subaru, due to debut in the new Legacy.

it be nice if some tuners chimed in on this motor and commented on its potential, especially mated with the CVT

Wait a year and you may see something.

And for the CVT - it's possible that there will be tuner software packages for that too since the behavior of it is certainly going to make a difference when reprogrammed. Why do you think they banned CVT gearboxes in F1?

But I would definitely want a way to select gearbox program in that case so I don't need to have the engine revving at between 4500 and 5500 rpm all the time when driving to the track. But on the track it's a different question.

453747.png

i don't understand why subaru couldn't have just put a stock FMIC with the turbo in that location, would save a lot of hassle wouldn't it? the mini's are setup that way, the turbo is infront of the engine (abeit higher) and they utilize a double-pass fmic core

Well Subaru has been the only brand to increase sales every year during the recession (4 years) and have 3 years of sales records (2009,2010,2011) and looks like that streak is going to continue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who are they selling all these new cars to? Not me. And not people that think like me.

I can't think of one post '09 subaru I'd actually want to own, aside from the GR, but I refuse to pay the exorbitant amounts of money insurance companies want just to provide coverage for it.

Look at the success of Accord/Camry, etc... the general population wants big comfortable boring cars.

That's why you have aftermarket mods. To make the cars less boring.

Yes. And we can see how well the aftermarket is doing making these cars smaller.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....BMW has going 2.0 turbos now. You talk about blasphemy! The silky smooth (albeit torqueless) six cylinder was the best engine out there.

Subaru decreasing the displacement of their engine isn't bad. Putting a turbo on it is good. Some people complain about the Subaru n/a boxer being gutless, but it's as powerful at the VW five cylinder, Toyotas four and Nissans. It's also a lot smoother producing the same amount of power.

Who are they selling all these new cars to? Not me. And not people that think like me.

I can't think of one post '09 subaru I'd actually want to own, aside from the GR, but I refuse to pay the exorbitant amounts of money insurance companies want just to provide coverage for it.

And people like you and I make up less than 5% of Subaru's market. If they only made cars that impressed tuners from the factory they'd be bankrupt very quickly, without question.

Archived