LegacyGT.com

Brake Paint.

Look at prices for caliper specific paint. If it isn't too terribly expensive I would buy a can or two and coat them with the paint that is designed for the job. Especially since I would have them out and they are new and clean.

I set both to "reserve and pick up" one is in stock locally, luckily it happens to be the one that was seized on my car, the other i set to reserve and pick up too but it says it was in the warehouse, i will just swap that one when it comes in.

I have heard mixed results with caliper paint, sometimes it can flake off, I figure VHT Flameproof won't overheat (1500deg limit) and should hold pretty well. I only wish it was gloss or satin not flat black.

The warehouse is usually somewhat local and they should have it same day. I would call the store and ask when they expect it to be in and leave your number with them if it is supposed to be in that day. They will call you when they have both so you can save yourself from multiple trips.

Can of Caliper spray paint made by Dupli-color is like $7.50 at my local NAPA just fyi.

I suppose. I never heard of any problems with the caliper paint. The only time I had a guy complain about it he didn't clean his caliper's right and so the paint didn't adhere very well.

As long as you use a good degreaser or other cleaning agent to clean those calipers off really good, maybe even take some steel wool or a wire brush on a drill to them, the paint should not flake or anything. (Provided you do enough coats as well)

For reference there is a DC in Charlotte. Not sure how far away that is from you but you probably can get a good idea of when it will show up at your local store (assuming it is coming from that DC)

Either way be sure to post up pics so we can see how they turn out. Also before you coat them. I'm curious to see what the black coating looks like.

Are you going to get some decals for them or just leave them?

Black looks classy and subtle, which I like. I did mine about a month ago with some Rustoleum Engine Enamel from Home Depot. Just wire-brushed the hell out of them and sprayed them with two coats. We'll see how long it lasts but so far so good!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420356_2904690099628_1331760350_32628025_675976984_n.jpg

well, got the caliper today, nice and shiny black...but they sold me the wrong one. the one i got was for a standard impreza, the caliper is the same, but the bracket is different, and they are closed till Monday.

well, got the caliper today, nice and shiny black...but they sold me the wrong one. the one i got was for a standard impreza, the caliper is the same, but the bracket is different, and they are closed till Monday.

Bummer....

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

^^^which brakes are you doing? Front or rear?

Black looks classy and subtle, which I like. I did mine about a month ago with some Rustoleum Engine Enamel from Home Depot. Just wire-brushed the hell out of them and sprayed them with two coats. We'll see how long it lasts but so far so good!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420356_2904690099628_1331760350_32628025_675976984_n.jpg

looks like my calipers

Archived