LegacyGT.com

If all goes well tomorrow I am back.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh, yeah. None of us here know anything about turbo engines. Especially brok. :rolleyes: Have fun on NASIOC. And don't bother going to BBS because nobody knows shit on that site either.

sorry sorry. I realize alot of older and newer legacies are turboed... I almost bought a sick 93 JDM first gen legacy also wrx swapped earlier, didnt want to drive on the right though. this is still the chillest subie forum :cool:

I plan on doing a car wash and then attempting to wax the car and ill post the pics in a couple days suprisingly little rust formed on this car and i wanna keep it clean.

sorry sorry. I realize alot of older and newer legacies are turboed... I almost bought a sick 93 JDM first gen legacy also wrx swapped earlier, didnt want to drive on the right though. this is still the chillest subie forum :cool:

I plan on doing a car wash and then attempting to wax the car and ill post the pics in a couple days suprisingly little rust formed on this car and i wanna keep it clean.

^^^sh**, driving on the right side is freaking awesome!! Forget the ATM and fast food. Just get off the dang car...

Don't know about Turbos here?!? Are you kidding me?

sorry I spend all my time on this forum on the 2nd gen section and I dont see many active members with turbos IN THIS SECTION.

over at sl-i there are many 2nd gen legacies, some with ej25 or ej22 turbo projects going on. its just from what I've seen I love getting people pissed off over the internet

In my buddies Pulsar Gtir - which is a civic size Sr20 AWD hatchback from japan we would always go through the atm backwards :p I just do not need the insurance / police attention all the right hand drivers get up here in Canada. Plus most of the good jdm gc8's have already landed. Worked at mr lube and we do a basic fluid check with your oil change, Coolant along the lines of playdoh is what i've seen from several jdm cars.

over at sl-i there are many 2nd gen legacies, some with ej25 or ej22 turbo projects going on. its just from what I've seen I love getting people pissed off over the internet

In my buddies Pulsar Gtir - which is a civic size Sr20 AWD hatchback from japan we would always go through the atm backwards :p I just do not need the insurance / police attention all the right hand drivers get up here in Canada. Plus most of the good jdm gc8's have already landed. Worked at mr lube and we do a basic fluid check with your oil change, Coolant along the lines of playdoh is what i've seen from several jdm cars.

I think SL-I has been around a little longer if I'm not mistaken. Yes, they have more builds going on. I'm sort of liking the RHD because of the ease of the EJ20TT motor fitting in the JDM engine bay. So long as I'm making close to 400hp I'm a happy camper.

So when did you see coolant look just like Playdoh?:lol:

Is the insurance really higher if your car is JDM there in Canada?

i find it funny that you think we dont know about turbos. LOL. or turbo builds. just most have bigger plans then wrx swaps. well i do anyways. eg33 swap gonna make it hit 260 n/a with the engine stock. gonna chip that ecu. :D then the turbo will come in to play later down the road. when its no longer my DD

I worked at a quick lube shop... a guy brought his jdm wrx in he had just bought I open the coolant cap and it had turned to a substance like playdoh, yes there was liquid green coolant circulating but there was a ton of gunk in the system. The insurance isn't much higher but you have issues with getting what your car is worth if anything ever happens to it, But you can always buy it pack and part it out.

"WELL I DO ANYWAYS"

u made my day bro, you cuss me out for having a wrx swap, all your doing is a svx swap and adding a turbo if it doesn't blow up. Be ready to fully rebuild that 20 year old motor! but to each their own, I had a STOCK 98 GT, I had all your dreams before, I'm just happy my car is ready to roll and I do not have to invest thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours before I can enjoy it.

Haters gonna hate

and I did not pay 7 I paid 6400 b

• I Donated
Uh, yeah. None of us here know anything about turbo engines. Especially brok. :rolleyes: Have fun on NASIOC. And don't bother going to BBS because nobody knows shit on that site either.

sorry I spend all my time on this forum on the 2nd gen section and I dont see many active members with turbos IN THIS SECTION.

I know nothing about turbo BD/BG/BKs. I haven't built a few of them, nor have I had any. I haven't helped with several builds either.

I know nothing.

/sarcasm

All kidding aside...a stock WRX swap isn't going to be very fast (if fast is what you're after). A WRX swap will be a "quick" car, but by no means will it be fast.

If you want fast, then you need to either build a first gen Legacy turbo block or a EJ257 with an FP Black on it, stand alone engine management, EJ205 heads, and all the other goodies along with it.

Fast does not come for less than $10,000. Even if you build it yourself.

Now with all that being said, a clean WRX swap...one thats done properly deserves a little bit of respect. When it comes down to it, its better on a performance standpoint then any stock 2nd gen Legacy. However, its not the greatest thing in the world....MUCH better can be done.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

-Upgraded iON Performance Stage 0 OE turbo upgrade

WTF is iON

-JDM STi catless up-pipe

Uppipes are always catless

-TechWorks Engineering rebuilt cryo treated 5MT tranny (less then 4000km) this is the 4.11FD tranny which offers quicker acceleration then the WRX gearbox

Faster acceleration then the WRX gearbox? You know that the WRX automatics are 4.11 gearing right?

-cryo treated rear LSD upgrade

Sounds like a stock 02-07 WRX rear diff to me

-JDM Subaru Oil filters

JDM oil filters? Really? What are those? ---- Fuji Heavy Industries AKA Subaru has Fram make all their oil filters. Subaru oil filters are garbage.

-JDM WRX MOMO Steering wheel

Sorry pal, but thats a stock US market steering wheel

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ionperformance is a tuning shop for us Canadian subie owners <3 snow

my transmission is a manual.. So comparing it with a automatic wrx nice..

its a JDM wrx limited slip differential, its not an 02-07 wrx rear diff.

i simply posted the sellers ad here lol If i typed it myself I wouldn't put what kind of filters I used but its good to know that its enough to get jabbed at on this forum...

and if the uppipe is catless is it my midpipe that also has the cat removed? im only running on the final cat.

& if you hadn't told me that was a stock steering wheel I would have never known, is that just a MOMO insert than?

Like i said, i haven't looked at any Subie info for 2 years, heck my legacy manual started getting rolled into filter paper for doobies :S Happy to learn though

The guy who built my car, is selling his latest project Outback Sti, heres a link to that ad, Brokn please give him hell for listing his filters on there :p

http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=3348.0

http://www.ionperformance.com/customers/cars/00OBSTi/1010OBSTi%20011.jpg

In current news I own the car, insurance on it tomorrow, looking for some summer wheels / tires trying to keep 16" was looking at some used 03 wrx wheels

i find it funny that you think we dont know about turbos. LOL. or turbo builds. just most have bigger plans then wrx swaps. well i do anyways. eg33 swap gonna make it hit 260 n/a with the engine stock. gonna chip that ecu. :D then the turbo will come in to play later down the road. when its no longer my DD

so your going to build your engine twice?

For those of you who aren't well educated on the eg33, just dismiss it. It's only an engine and no one in there right mind would use it. I mean compared to the effectiveness of a wrx engine, pffft, no contest.

(yeah right :lol: )

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

WTF is iON

Uppipes are always catless

Faster acceleration then the WRX gearbox? You know that the WRX automatics are 4.11 gearing right?

Sounds like a stock 02-07 WRX rear diff to me

JDM oil filters? Really? What are those? ---- Fuji Heavy Industries AKA Subaru has Fram make all their oil filters. Subaru oil filters are garbage.

Sorry pal, but thats a stock US market steering wheel

1. Up pipes are not always catless

2. His is a manual, not an auto

3. that is a 2002-2003 WRX wheel

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

and I did some searching JDM subie filters are BLACK, and built in japan, they were discontinued 5 years ago, but well stocked shops still use them. Blue subie filters are fram and are garbage.

Should i buy a box of k&n filters or whats my best oil filter? I am not saying anything bad about the eg33, except that its as old as I am and most of those cars have blown 3 or 4 transmissions so each time a transmission blows im sure the engine takes a hit inside aswell, I would love a N/A 6 Cylinder subie... Wrx swapped justy FTW though :p

Makes sense that its a 03 wrx wheel as builder got rear ended in 03 wrx which is why my car was born.

I would love to do a swap into a Justy, lol. I wonder what would fit in there. I have thought about it quite a bit, but haven't researched it.

Here are some pics of my favorite subies that I want to do swaps in. The first five are not for sale and the last one is just my old pos with some tape on it. My neighbor gave me an old dirty engine and I am going to split it in half and wash it off and put it in the second gen. It says EJ22 on it so it can't be anything special. It has this teeny old stock turbo on it called a vf11 so it is probably just a piece of crap. :rolleyes:

DSCF6498.thumb.jpg.36df147823e9cf07626a9a3d2a31332e.jpg

DSCF6500.thumb.jpg.8b9b5381d1cbcb621dce23735678eec4.jpg

DSCF6501.thumb.jpg.6e886ac3d57c426b7873f03fa42f297c.jpg

DSCF6502.thumb.jpg.a7dab9f547651aaa1fd574ac5ab0e4df.jpg

IMG_0947.thumb.jpg.5846683431d9db3dddf73d368622125f.jpg

IMG_0974.thumb.jpg.6d1b4697611566a908e9f5aba720384a.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen a catted up pipe on a Subaru yet.

all 05-06 LGT's and 2002-2007 WRX's had catted UP's

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-21_jyYvyZxo/T16-fJ9X6oI/AAAAAAAADqI/HaJaKxYuxfg/s1600/themoreyouknow.jpg

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

, Most wrx owners recommend removal of the cat in the uppipe as it can break loose and take your turbo with it. I am glad to see that brokn wasn't as knowledgeable as he thinks he is I cant stand people who are "Always" right. Because they spew a lot of nonsense at the same time.

Yes the wrx swapped justy, which has sti intercooler and im sure is tuned to put out more than a stock sti, thats the ultimate sleeper lol. My car is LOUD but so are cobalts or civics and none of them have stacked up

the subaru Brat would be a pretty sick sleeper to, but as far as the van goes buy a VW westfalia and put a ej22 or ej25 in it ultimate camper van

In subie news,

my k&n filter looks to dark, plus I know for a fact after the oil wears off they filter terrible

putting a Wix Oem filter in just for better protection, going to do an oil change tomorrow with a wix filter and going to put the subie back on motul 300v 5w40 like the guy who built my car was running

(its been maintained at subie dealership for last 4 years and I am betting they ran 5w30 mobil 1 in it.)

Archived