LegacyGT.com

you make no sense.

Pushing a LGT to (real) 360whp is just asking for major motor/tranny failure and isn't cheap even with just bolt on's. It's about as practical as a sti swap in a 2.5I. If you must have that kind of power in an AWD sedan, pick up an RS4 or lightly mod a 335xi. It will cost about the same overall and be more "stylish". IMHO.

In my opinion, I can't see this being a practical job. The only reason I could imagine doing something like this, is just for the challenge of doing it. Kinda like a retiree looking for a project to occupy his time or something. Yes it would be unique. Yes you would know the car inside and out afterwards. But if you are doing this for any reason other than the above, I would just try to (a) buy an original sti platform and fine tune it how you see fit, or (b) buy a legacy gt and upgrade that to the level of a WRX Sti.

Thats how I see it.

Pushing a LGT to (real) 360whp is just asking for major motor/tranny failure and isn't cheap even with just bolt on's. It's about as practical as a sti swap in a 2.5I. If you must have that kind of power in an AWD sedan, pick up an RS4 or lightly mod a 335xi. It will cost about the same overall and be more "stylish". IMHO.

well hes not the only one making big numbers in his lgt without trans/engine issues. i daily mine with 68k miles. its been stage 3 since 37k. and im also on my stock clutch. so i think that depending on how you drive (yes i do still lay into it) you can make a high hp lgt last plenty long.

Pushing a LGT to (real) 360whp is just asking for major motor/tranny failure and isn't cheap even with just bolt on's.

:lol:

It's about as practical as a sti swap in a 2.5I.

Oh its way more practical. I could sell my parts for the majority of their value, return most of the way to stock and still get a decent price for my LGT. The 2.5i will be ruined, forever and ever.

pick up an RS4 or lightly mod a 335xi. It will cost about the same overall and be more "stylish". IMHO.

:trolls:

well hes not the only one making big numbers in his lgt without trans/engine issues.

Actually finishing up putting in a much bigger turbo, fmic, etc in my weekender/track LGT. bye-bye 359whp, hello :eek::eek::eek::lol:

:lol:

Oh its way more practical. I could sell my parts for the majority of their value, return most of the way to stock and still get a decent price for my LGT. The 2.5i will be ruined, forever and ever.

:trolls:

Actually finishing up putting in a much bigger turbo, fmic, etc in my weekender/track LGT. bye-bye 359whp, hello :eek::eek::eek::lol:

I'm happy for you, really. Best of luck!

Nothing is impossible. I just helped my son do a JDM WRX GC8G swap into his 1992 Legacy N/A sedan. Much consideration need to be taken into account for the turbo swap into an N/A chassis. The wiring will be the biggest obstacle. You will have to make sure the pinout locations on the ecu are somewhat close so you can add wires, or like stated before, you will need to completely swap every wire from your existing harness to the new ECU AND ADD A BUNCH more manually for thwe turbo functions. It is not a plug and play swap. Do your research and make sure after you spend a boat load of money you want to put just about as many hours as dollars into wiring. NOT for the feint of heart. I would only consider doing this again on a rare chassis if I wanted to get more power and have fun. You will also need to make sure your engine/trans has ALL of the sensors required for a turbo swap or get real friendly with your local salvage yard or Evilbay.

Terry

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Archived