LegacyGT.com

Sways - brand recommendations

mccorry

Perrin comes with a pre-fabbed bracket support brace that seems to work pretty good. The way it connects it though the subframe bolt/hole near the bracket and to the bracket itself on the lower of the two bolt holes for the bushing mount. A longer bolt with some washers is supplied w/ the Perrin kit.

(like I said though, I don't have direct personally experience with anything but Perrin, so I don't know how it compares).

You can come by the shop and check it out on my car also. I have the LGT at the shop today so feel free to stop by, give me a call first to make sure I am not out running around though.

Jarrad

My sedan is perfectly quiet with it. I will ask Perrin if he made any chances from the early units.

I have pictures of a broken bracket from a upgraded bar that was not reinforced. There must be some front to back forces, cause that is what broke this one clean off.

Jarrad

I had nothing but issues with the Perrin bracket - it didn't fit properly and the mounting hole needed to be opened up (same problem DM had). Knocking noise at all speeds....it went away when I removed the brackets. Besides - how much load does the factory mount get front to rear? The brackets are designed to reinforce in that direction, not side to side where it seems some bracing would be needed.

Jon aka '03Indigo' had noise issues too. Note that we both have wagons.

We are detailing our 97LGT tonight so we can take it down to Carr to trade it for a 05 OBXT.

I definitely will come by soon.

You can come by the shop and check it out on my car also. I have the LGT at the shop today so feel free to stop by, give me a call first to make sure I am not out running around though.

Jarrad

I haven't had problems with the Perrin brace either. It was hard to put in (and get lined up perfectly) but judicious use of a FordTool (aka, rubber mallet) got everything lined up. Once it was in, its fine. No noise whatsoever.

After talking with Adam (I believe) at Perrin, he did say that there was an update to the RSB package, but I don't think it had anything to do with the brace. The bushing was updated, and a bushing spacer was no longer necessary. For what its worth, I have the new setup with the larger bushing that didn't need a spacer.

Thanks to Grand Master Sifu Keefe (Xenonk)

He has installed:

Cusco's Front and Rear Strut Tower Bar

Vacanza's Front and Rear Swaybar

...and on the 23rd of July he'll be installing:

Cusco's Front and Rear Lower Arm Braces

Cusco's Front and Rear Endlinks

STi Pink Springs

I'll be also swapping out my summer wheel/tire combo (Prodrive GC-06 18" British Black with Toyo T1-S 225/40 ZR18) with a stickier combo (Volk LE37K 17" with Toyo RA-1 235/45ZR17)

after a couple of days of letting the springs settle I'll get a four wheel alignment with me in the drivers seat!

Can't wait!!!

Thanks again Grand Master Sifu Keefe (Xenonk),

CRAZY KEN

P.S. Saving up for these babys..then I will be done with my suspension!

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?products_id=273&osCsid=6b5513fe9ef4c463ab3b1b05e68b921a

I had nothing but issues with the Perrin bracket - it didn't fit properly and the mounting hole needed to be opened up (same problem DM had). Knocking noise at all speeds....it went away when I removed the brackets. Besides - how much load does the factory mount get front to rear? The brackets are designed to reinforce in that direction, not side to side where it seems some bracing would be needed.

Jon aka '03Indigo' had noise issues too. Note that we both have wagons.

I do have the perrin bars, but my clunking is in the front, not the rear where the bracing is. Might not be a sway bar issues at al...that is still pending. My rear braces are solid. No issues what so ever. I also had no fitment issues when I installed the Perrin brackets/braces.

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0900.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0907.jpg

Archived