LegacyGT.com

Shudder when Pressing the brakes going down from 40-30MPH

• I Donated
*also can be runout or high spots

caused can be over torque lug nuts, rotor machined a little out of spec, or wheel bearing has runout, rotors too thin - min thickness - heating cooling can warp rotors

-all contribute to the 'warped rotors'

Agreed for the most part, but I can say that I believe that lug studs break long before enough pressure is put on them to cause any "warping". Not only that, but the hub its self would have to warp along with the rotor hat for that theory to work since the two surfaces are flat against each other.

I'm not sure if I follow you on the "out of spec" machining though. Do you mean the rotor is not put on the lathe straight (so it spins off center), or machining them too thin.

Rotors have machine to and discard specifications for a reason. When they get too thin (and you have to throw them away and start off with new ones)...they tend to do some pretty nasty things if you keep driving on them. The specs are there because when they get too thin, they don't disapate the heat like they should anymore. When they get too hot, lots of things can happen. More times then not.....its usually just warping that occurs. But you can have worse things happen.....cracked rotors, shattered rotors, etc...but the worse options usually only happen on drilled rotors....but have been seen on standard stuff as well.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

what I meant was the hat of the rotor being a little out of spec, which then causes the whole rotor being out of spec - runout

most of the time this can be fixed with tapered shims between the hub and hat

learned all this in school, surprised i actually kinda remembered 2 years later:lol:

i do have first hand experience seeing a huge low spot on a rotor (shiny part), we kept machining it down and it wouldnt go away, didnt machine to the min thickness cause you know - wearing down rotors and all

we took a lot off that one rotor so it wasnt even close to being min thickness to begin with

and those on car brake lathes are AWESOME!!! its all digital so it tells you the run out and stuff

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

• I Donated
what I meant was the hat of the rotor being a little out of spec, which then causes the whole rotor being out of spec - runout

I suppose its possible, but I still haven't actually seen it happen and I've been machining rotors for years now.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I suppose its possible, but I still haven't actually seen it happen and I've been machining rotors for years now.

me either but we saw the manufacturer's video on the machine about it, and they gave us some shims

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

• I Donated
The reason I don't buy into that is because the rotor sits flush against the hub regardless of lug torque (unless they aren't torqued at all).....so in my mind the hub will have to warp with the rotor hat....And if that were the case, you would still have issues even with a new rotor....

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived