LegacyGT.com

Cobb AccessPort Tuning *Questions*

manletGT

If you have an AP, and the dealer flashes your ECU (which has happened to people on here), you lose your AP tune AND the AP won't connect to the ECU with the new flash on it as it's already married.

As far as I know, this wasn't the case for member redstriker. He had both head gaskets replaced under warranty, got the car back a month later with the ECU reflashed. He just hooked the AP up and was back to stage 1. I wouldn't think the 5G behaves different than others but maybe it does.

No, he isn't using it. I bought one thinking I wouldn't need another dyno if I got my current map converted to AP and then used a Cobb map for the new parts.

IMHO the AP has always been a good investment if not just for the logging and tweaking abilities (idle, launch control, flat foot shift, etc), aside from the ability to change maps on the fly. I would keep it, and it doesn't really lose value, so in the future if you want to sell it on the forums (like I did) you can probably get back most of what you paid for it.

It's listed under the firmware update info, link

Ok...trying my best here. I have just updated my AP to the new firmware which went without a problem. What I don't have are the 2012 maps. I would traditionally go to the map section of the Cobb page and download them from here:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/AccessPORT-Off-The-Shelf-Maps-s/40100.htm#/v/accessport/maps/subaru/lgt/LGT-Map-Grid

to my machine and transfer them into the AP.

There isn't a 2012 option there, am I missing something? Is there another location to download them from?

Archived