LegacyGT.com

Dual port head EJ22

• I Donated

Not really a low serial number. Its 370xxx....but with that being said I doubt the SNs started at 000001. Because its highly unlikely that 370000 Outbacks were made within the first month lol.

The bottom of the car is all banged up because of my off road adventures. I'm not very nice to it. I've had it airborn, I've mowed down trees / bushes, I've had it headlight deep in water, I've ran over countless obstacles, etc.

When I first bought this car I talked down the price because it was "suppose to have the EJ25D in it" not knowing that the 96 5MT had the 2.2. This car is strange. It doesn't appear to have been swapped at any point in time (no evidence of it being done)....so it looks like everything is original on the car (minus the transmission that I put in it)...Even the clutch I pulled out of it was OEM.

There are also some numbers stamped on the top center of the bell housing, but I'm not able to make them out due to dirt / gunk built up on them (that I can't seem to get cleaned off).

It has had some exhaust work done. Cat back has been replaced (likely due to rust). Manifold and cats....I dunno.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i just worked on a single cam dual port 2.2 today. it was a 1995 manual L. Now i have every part i need to go 5 speed. just 300 and i scored a radiator support and the 140mph cluster with white needles with that deal.

How is this relevant?

• I Donated

Its not.

And if your car has the 120 speedo - then the 140 one will read wrong. Mine is 140 and reads right though, since it came out of the factory like that.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived