LegacyGT.com

dam issues lots of feedback from knock sensor???

RoB3984LgT

Ok so this all started about a month ago with some surging and some loss of power. After screwing around with it for a bit I cleaned my maf and did a top engine service... things cleared up for a bit( like 2 weeks). Now its back again so I did some logs and sent them down to my tuner at r/t tuning. He got back to me with some serious concern about my dynamic advance(dam) dropped to (.12) and showing some fine knock. Heres a copy of 2 of the data logs I took yesterday and sent to him. Please let mme know if you have any ideas???

NOTE: I use the same 93oct hess gas all the time from the same place.

good run 1.csv

good run 2.csv

Im stage 2. I have no clue what up with that wastegate either?? Im guessing its because im not hitting target boost at 17lbs??? Im going to go check the lines now but im almost certain they are all good, I have check all that 1000 times. :)

• Mega Users
Once dynamic advance gets below a certain point, the wastegate will stay at 0. So you'll be limited to spring pressure. That's weird though, because you shouldn't be hitting 15psi with the WGDC at 0.

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE* Well ive had several ppl go over some more logs and no luck... The general idea from most everyone is that its not actually knocking! This is beyond frustrating at this point.. I changed the knock sensor to a new oem one, still picking up knock...:( Im starting to think its phantom knock as well? After probing around for possible couses im thinking it may be the engine cover tapping the perrin tmic, as it is a cut cover so that it will fit. There are bolts on the bottom half but not the top half of the cover so maybe its tapping. Anyways I took it off last night so well see what happens on the way into work. Phantom knock would explain this problem and its irratic behavior. It has no gradual drop in DAM it goes from a perfect 1.0 to 0.0 to .6 just jumping around. Other times its solid locked in a 1.0??? Anyone know of any sources for phanotm knock that they have dealt with?? Thanks for the help guys.

• 3 months later...

Welcome to my world buddy. I've been "dealing" with a similar issue for what, 3 years now? Basically DAM will occasionally drop a step down from 1, there have been times on the same tune during the winter I have seen it at 0.6 and even 0.0 at steady throttle in 4th gear.

Let me guess. You are driving the automatic in manual mode?

Archived