LegacyGT.com

Reasonable price for OEM H/K HU/HVAC?

DeltaNu1142

I'm looking to sell the 6-disc Harman/Kardon head unit + dual-zone auto HVAC out of my 2009 based on an inquiry. Looks & works flawless. What's a reasonable asking price? What's the replacement price from Subaru?

sample pic:

http://i.imgur.com/2Ea3x.jpg

Tits mcgee

got mine for $160 shipped foom CAR-PART.com

I've seen 3-5 hundred elsewhere

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

And the MS-8 is the amp?

I'll be pulling my head unit next weekend. All I'm waiting for is the harnesses from svxDC. I had originally decided I was going to pull the amp out as well, but I decided I was going to use it because it was easier than replacing everything at once.

I could be convinced to sell off the head unit & amp together. I dunno. I have to give this some thought, because I really wanted to do the audio in stages. Replacing the amp means buying new separate fronts & crossovers. I already have a 4-channel amp I can use to replace the HK one. T, if you can help me find dimensions on the HK amp, that would be a great start.

Would selling the head unit & amp together with harnesses help you out?

Tits mcgee

Just the HU please. The amp has gains and EQs specific to the LGT sedan and the HK speakers.

The MS-8 is a factory system processor/amplifier from JBL. I'm looking at other options, but I think that's the most attractive.

Still on the lookout for an HK Outback wagon sub.

IMO, the MS-8 is by far, the best dsp for factory integration you can buy. the clean sweep, and other units don't compare at all. the other option is buying the jdm kit, or making your own dash kit, which is what i'm doing. I bought a stock head unit from another member on here for $125 shipped.

I'm still interested, though admittedly shopping around at car-part etc for something a little cheaper. AFAIK, there's no advantage for me in getting the HK unit over a regular 08 unit. Does yours include the AUX cable?

IMO, the MS-8 is by far, the best dsp for factory integration you can buy. the clean sweep, and other units don't compare at all. the other option is buying the jdm kit, or making your own dash kit, which is what i'm doing. I bought a stock head unit from another member on here for $125 shipped.

There was another one by Audison, the Bit One IIRC, though that looks to be signifcantly more expensive, and unamplified out puts. I know the MS-8 only doles out 18WRMS/Channel at 4Ω, but it's better than most HUs.

I'm still interested, though admittedly shopping around at car-part etc for something a little cheaper. AFAIK, there's no advantage for me in getting the HK unit over a regular 08 unit. Does yours include the AUX cable?

Sure, no worries.

My HU HAS the AUX cable, but I don't know if I will be able to include it. svxDC is working up an AUX input solution & I don't know yet if it will completely replace that cable.

Tits mcgee

Aren't you buying an aftermarket double DIN unit? You should have no need for the factory AUX cable in that case.

That's probably true, but I don't know what svxDC's harness will do. It might actually just pull the factory AUX into the aftermarket harness. It might be a standalone. If it takes the existing AUX plug, it means I won't have to fill the big hole in my console left by the OEM plug. I'll know more this week.

Tits mcgee

Word. Most double DIN units I've seen have the AUX jack up front, though some have a rear mount. The rear mount one you could integrate into your factory location. If you have a front mount one though it's pointless (IMHO) to integrate into the factory.

What HU are you getting? If you end up having a front mount AUX in, I could trade console interiors (if they can be separated from the exterior, I dunno) with you.

Word. Most double DIN units I've seen have the AUX jack up front, though some have a rear mount. The rear mount one you could integrate into your factory location. If you have a front mount one though it's pointless (IMHO) to integrate into the factory.

What HU are you getting? If you end up having a front mount AUX in, I could trade console interiors (if they can be separated from the exterior, I dunno) with you.

I bought the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT. It doesn't have a front input. I don't really use the AUX input (especially with the iPod integration), but if it's there, I'd rather that it be functional.

Tits mcgee

Archived