LegacyGT.com

Perrin FMIC Question

Hey guys, I am not sure if this was already covered by i cant seem to find it anywhere. The issue i am having is i installed my perrin FMIC system this past week and i know i need to trim the bumper and fog light hosing as per the instructions however, it is still not fitting with the fog lights installed. Does this mean i can not run fog lights with my set up? Will i have to take the fog out in order for it to work? Anyone who has one install can give me some insight on this?

Thanks!!

It is a tight fit. Imho it takes major modifications to get a Perrin to fit properly. But when they do, they are supreme. You might have to lose your fogs. You would not be the first person. Perrin no longer sells an LGT specific kit because of difficult installs and low sales. I was told the 2008 install I did was the only post 2007 LGT have a fully functional Perrin FMIC. Perrin never even marketed the kit for anything other than 05-07 LGT's.

My brother and I installed a Perrin FMIC on his 08 Spec B. and kept the fog lights.

Are you having issues putting the bumper back on? We had an issue with the beam when putting the bumper back on. I can't exactly remember what it was but I can have him chime in if you have not figured it out yet. DSC_0149.jpg

Thanks guys, Shamar, i wanna get this car back together so i can get the log done and sent to you lol.

I have a 2007 Legacy Spec B i have the FMIC on with out a bumper bar. I am using the 08+ FMIC kit and it fit perfectly in the location it should, however the front bumper will not go back on the way even after trimming bcd the driver side pipe hit the fog light housing. I am not sure what to do i really don't wanna loose my fogs but if i have to i have to. Do either of you know a way to make it fit?

Sory I saw imfamous so I just figured. My bad, I'm going to fit itmwith put fogs for now I guess and maybe out them back latter if I can. I just gotta get back up and running. I'll take some pics of the problems and upload it

Thanks!

I paid MSprank/Infamous Performance (they specialize in both subaru and mid to high end custom work) to make my Perrin FMIC fit "right". Glad I did.

Don't feel bad that you are having issues making the fogs fit. That you have it in your car at all is impressive. With some time you will figure out the fogs too.

lgtftw, congrats on fitting it on a 08. Hacking up the plastic lamps is fun, lol. Glad to see someone else went for it.

When we took out the headlights and started cutting I thought to my self "is this really worth it?" but he's happy with it, that's all that matters.

I broke my first one. Got too aggressive with the cut. Wanted more clearance over the beam. I was able to fix it using skewers as splints and epoxy, lol. But I ended up replaceing it with a fresh volunteer. I also deleted the air pump system, so I had extra clearance.

LosAngelesLGT was a bit easier in that he has an 05. Speaking of which, lol.

OP, did you run the coldside pipe hi or low into the core? It "fits" two ways. One way blocks the fogs, one way goes high and allows you to squeeze them in.

LosAngelesLG, Sadly I am not local. I would have loved to take my car to them to do the install since they are doing my e-tune anyway. It would have simplified things a lot.

m sprank, I am attaching three pictures of the way my car is setup. The passenger side seems to clear no problem however the driver side tends to hit right in the middle of the fog light housing. Let me know if there is anything you think i can change to make this work. It would be greatly appreciated.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/jduani/FMIC%20Install/photo2.jpg

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/jduani/FMIC%20Install/photo3.jpg

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/jduani/FMIC%20Install/photo1.jpg

Something is up with your kit. Pipes are not proper.

Not a "finished" product. I am still mocking up (and trying to finish at the same time, lol)

Dont want LALGT to crap himself. It is his car and he has not seen it for some time.

20120423_171930.thumb.jpg.4ba42cd6f40ab4ae704881e87b631751.jpg

20120423_171953.thumb.jpg.e221e78f89c0fa109794e3af163c3816.jpg

That sir is it. You have a WRX kit. Almost the same, but not exactly. I have made them fit, but it usually takes cutting a lot of the fog housing out of the bumper and even trimming the fog housing itself. To the point of barely being able to hold the fog anymore. Lose the fog, install some cool grill and put an oil cooler back there.

Whatever I could stuff in there and get plumbed up to a sandwich plate off the filter. Just got to figure it is a good air flow area with the fog removed. Tons of space if you ditch the washer fluid res (which is a dividing line for some). You could also remove/relocate the oem horns and see if it fits better in the passenger side. Not like your going to keep 1 fog.

I have hella for horns so the stock horns will be taken off anyway. I don't wanna loose the washer res because with the snow and such it does come in handy. I will look around but for now i am going to get the bumper on. Have the hood close poperl and go from there

Are you using a 90 degree coupling on the other end of the pipe on the driver's side? If so,

take it and put it on the IC side facing down. This will face the "u" shaped pipe downwards.

Then use the straight coupling to hook up to the other pipe. This will give you a lot more

room. You may need to cut a little of the foglight housing, but that is covered up by the

foglight cover. Give it a try as that worked with my TurboXS which was a 08+ WRX fitment.

TurboXS pipe is actually not a perfect "U". 1 side has a longer "leg" than the other. So, swapping position on that pipe with a TurboXS makes more room, or takes it away. Have yet to try to fit a WRX Perrin in an LGT. But Iirc that pipe from Perrin is a perfect "U".

I have installed more than a few TurboXS kits in 05-09 LGT's. Lol.

I took the fog out for now since I just need to car back. I have to sent out logs and well it's my daily so I'm tired of driving the moms minivan. Haha. With the lights out it fit perfectly no problem! I am going to probably out some mesh grill there for now.

• 4 years later...
Jduani did you ever made the kit works? I have the original perrin fmic made-up for the legacy but got damaged in an accident on the passenger side and they only mode the wrx version. Wonder if I can just use the wrx boost tube to replace mine.

Dead thread revival. Max still has the last ever Perrin FMIC made for the LGT. I saw the car in his driveway last month.

Imho ditch it and get an ETS.

What are your thoughts on an ETS FMIC with a stock BPV? Supposedly that might pass emissions in CA. Highly maybe though....

Archived