LegacyGT.com

2012 MCCA HPR schedule

Darrel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for coming to the tech sessions guys. Josh, you just missed skwiggly. But you'll see each other at the track.

33 cars, 7 of those have extra drivers. So a total of 40 registered. With quite a few coming to register at the track, we are going to have a great day.

The fr-86 is Brians. He won't be taking that, it's too new. He will bring his miata instead.

Yes, there were a couple of 370's, one is a club member who just bought it to take it on the track. We had a 997 gt3 as well. Very familiar with the track. So yes, with at least 3, possibly 4 gt-r, a fact 5 cobra, and hopfully a clone gt40, it will be a great day.

Others of note, Allan, the one with the viper that usually comes out with us, he will bring along a few of his friends. One or two lotus, cooper S, spec 944, maybe a couple more.

And we can't forget the 240z and other z cars.

The z club had a great day yesterday. 54 registered, of those 8 were extra drivers.

Weather was great all day, no clouds and a nice breeze all day. It was very nice under the car ports. Except when I was letting cars out on the track. With four run groups, the most on the track at the same time was 15 in one of the groups. Intervals between cars weren't too close so you could close in on the car in front of you slowly and still have little to no traffic to contend with.

Unfortunately, Squiden had some suspension trouble and made an early exit in his first session. Hopefully it isn't too serious and he will be back on the track soon.

There are still two MCCA events left in the season. CECA/shelby club sept 22nd and usaudi club in October. Contact those clubs for more info.

I had a blast, despite my Z deciding it didn't want to turn off and having to pull the ignition relay after each run!

Highlights of the day were being passed by a R32 GT-R, and watching/hearing a SRT Viper, 997 GT3, and GT-R zoom by on the straightaway, what glorious noises...

Crappy phone video of said cars:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w05_U_GHq1A]ZCCC track day @ HPR, 09/08/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Not so good for me - I was the Boxster that snapped a control arm on lap 1 of the day :p

Saul - a couple of us are talking about heading out on Friday, September 28th - let me know if you plan to be out then.

Skig - as a note, Ross in the decked out Lotus used to be a SpecB owner on here - he's the one that got me into racing :). And Calvin in the white 91 Vette is a co-worker - we've had a good competion going for a while now :)

Quick video for Darrel of the end of my track day (which coincided with the end of lap 1) where the control arm snaps.

Luckily found someone parting out a Boxster, so was able to buy the entire front corner from him for cheap... will hopefully arrive on Tuesday so I can get back out to the track on the 28th... I'm running out of good track days!

Now I know I'm not the only one curious about what it looked like when it broke. ;-)

Good thing it broke braking before the turn.

Now we(I) need pics of the broken parts. ;-)

I was out at the CECA event yesterday. There was a westy(7 clone) that decided to show it's inside bits outside before turn four. The guy was looking to build a new engine for it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was out there on Sunday. Lady Luck smiled on us. When we arrived at 11:30, there was not a lot of people on the track, maybe a dozen cars? Another 10 or so showed up for the afternoon session. Long story short, it was empty. I'm out for this weekend, but we may be trying to go in another 2 or 3 weeks :)

The southwestern portion of the track (danny's lesson) was closed for repairs. So it was a shorter track.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived