LegacyGT.com

Teach me how to cook azn foods

RuskiTrombone

Ruski you mostly just need to learn to stir fry. Its so easy you will never eat another frozen meal again. A WOK is important and if you have a stove with a "speed boil" or extra hot eye it helps so you can get the wok very hot. Since you said Fusion, I will give you an example of easy California-Asian fusion that I eat fairly often.

Firstly, I get all my produce locally, organically grown from farmers at farmers markets. I know not everyone can do this but it makes all the difference to have really high quality produce.

Easy Seasonings:

Miso Paste (I like white, its more delicate and allows many flavor mixes, also makes an amazing asian salad dressing mixed with garlic, water, sesame oil, ginger and salt)

Plum Sauce (the sweet and tart)

Fish Sauce (the salty and umami)

Oyster Sauce (savory-sweet)

Rice Wine Vinegar (sour)

Easy to Meats:

Surimi

Imitation Crab

Cooked Chicken

Thin Ham

BBQ Pork

Cooked Steak

Egg (Boiled is very useful!)

Easy Vegetables:

Tomato

Mushroom

Onion

Spinach

Snap Peas

Gai Long (Asian broccoli, if you can find and pan fry thick cut pork belly till the pork belly is crispy and flavor it with some oyster sauce your mind will be blown - easy and yummy)

Bok Choy (you better know what this is)

Noodles: I prefer thick fresh Udon noodles in the cold case from the market or YakiSoba if I can't find that. Best with WET noodles. Do not use cheap crap.

part 1 over

Now for your 3 course meal in 20 minutes with minimal dishes...

Start your water boiling and hardboil one egg for each person eating to get the udon started. Boil 17minutes~

Wash your vegetables starting by washing bunches of spinach (or bagged spinach). Put in a towel or salad spinner and shake the water out. Break up spinach leaves and put 1/2 of it in salad bowl.

Dice Tomato and onion and add 1/2 to salad bowl

Clean and cut off tops of snap peas and put in salad bowl

Put wok or largest frying pan you have on eye on stove and heat up some vegetable oil, add a tiny bit of sesame oil to taste. Add heartiest (longest cooking/heating) meat to frying pan and heat till breaking down just a little in the oil. Add snap peas and onion. Cover. Check boiling water

Take small cup and combine small amount of water, miso paste, red wine vinegar and ginger if you have it and standby to add to salad.

Uncover wok add tomato, crab or surimi, mushroom and spinach as well as one package of noodles. Add plum sauce and/or oyster sauce to taste. Mix well, recover.

Remove eggs and put in cold bowl of water to cool. Add one package noodles to boiling water to heat.

Fill two large soup bowls with hot water and mix in miso paste to taste. Add noodles. Add spinach and dunk into water. Add thinly sliced cooked chicken in one pile, thinly sliced hard boiled egg in another pile, surimi or imitation crab in another pile and snap peas in yet another pile. Add a tiny dash of fish sauce if not salty enough (only an issue occasionally with white miso).

Uncover wok, remix, serve. Don't forget to TOSS THE SALAD :lol:

How to fry beef broccoli or pepper steak and the likes with the yummy sauce? When I fry up thin steak like that it comes out a bit chewy, not like a restaurant. What's all in the sauce?

Rule of the thumb when cooking with beef is you either cook it at very high heat for a very short period of time or very low heat for a very long period of time. Anything in between results in chewy hide texture meat.

There is no special sauce that Chinese restaurants use to make the meat tender and have that silky texture. They usually use baking soda to tenderize the meat. Cut up the meat in bite sizes for stir frying. Tenderize it with 1 teaspoon baking soda per pound for an hour. Make sure you really work the baking soda into the meat with your fingers. Rinse THOROUGHLY after 1 hr. Pat dry with paper towels. The meat is now ready for marinating or stir frying.

I have enough drama for now.....

ask away....i know plenty of recipes...i can share with you my asian/filipino cookbook =)

adobo

kare kare

pancit

teriakki chicken

beef broccoli

orange chicken

eggrolls/lumpia

chicken satay

coconut shrimp

bicol express

sushi rolls

tempura battered veggies

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I am not Filipino but I know that Adobo and Pancit are those home cooking dishes where every family has its own version.

With Adobo, the basic ingredients are soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves and black pepper corns. You just need to figure out the right proportion of the soy/vinegar that you like.

I have enough drama for now.....

..With Adobo, the basic ingredients are soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves and black pepper corns. You just need to figure out the right proportion of the soy/vinegar that you like.

I agree with you. I also add a tad bit of sugar, not to basically sweeten it, but to harmonize the basic ingredients. It's minute enough not to be easily discerned.

• 1 month later...

Archived