LegacyGT.com

So I didn't just beef it, I took that s**t to the slaughterhouse. - CLOSED

mattkshook

So, I just replaced my broken swaybar endlinks with some kartboy ones. And my roomate just replaced all 4 of his struts on his legacy. So we went for a drive, he in his, and me in mine. My back tires are shitty and are super playful in the wet, which it was today. We were driving one of our usual roads and I was following him. I lost traction in the rear, and despite my best, I still bit it. I managed (in a right handed corner) to point DIRECTLY towards a telephone pole, missing it, hitting a mailbox, doing a 360 in their shitty front yard, and my passenger front wheel hitting a concrete culvert. The dent from the mailbox is negligible, but here is the aftermath of the culvert (I did not take pictures of the scene - too dark and I got the **** out of dodge.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tweekshook/WP_000247.jpg

Here is the wheel, took a nice chunk out of it - tire magically held air for the 4 mile ride home, nothing is fucked in suspension/steering other than alignment. (wheel bearing, control arm, tie rods (inner/outer)... Except for this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tweekshook/WP_000246.jpg

Oh joy. And I cracked the bottom of my radiator. But I am alive, and the car has seen better days - good thing it already had a salvage title. And my friend is one hell of a welder. **** suspension geometry, as long as toe is good I'll be happy.

Also, just realized I posted in 2nd gen, and mine is a 3rd gen. My roomates though, is a 2nd.

Hey overspool, when is the subie meet in SLC on tuesdays? I'll be done with autobody for a while soon and I want to show off my ss and leggy wagon. :)

log onto slcsubaru.com/forum! It changes every week pretty much :)

/thread jack

So, I just replaced my broken swaybar endlinks with some kartboy ones. And my roomate just replaced all 4 of his struts on his legacy. So we went for a drive, he in his, and me in mine. My back tires are shitty and are super playful in the wet, which it was today. We were driving one of our usual roads and I was following him. I lost traction in the rear, and despite my best, I still bit it. I managed (in a right handed corner) to point DIRECTLY towards a telephone pole, missing it, hitting a mailbox, doing a 360 in their shitty front yard, and my passenger front wheel hitting a concrete culvert. The dent from the mailbox is negligible, but here is the aftermath of the culvert (I did not take pictures of the scene - too dark and I got the **** out of dodge.)

Here is the wheel, took a nice chunk out of it - tire magically held air for the 4 mile ride home, nothing is fucked in suspension/steering other than alignment. (wheel bearing, control arm, tie rods (inner/outer)... Except for this.

Oh joy. And I cracked the bottom of my radiator. But I am alive, and the car has seen better days - good thing it already had a salvage title. And my friend is one hell of a welder. **** suspension geometry, as long as toe is good I'll be happy.

Also, just realized I posted in 2nd gen, and mine is a 3rd gen. My roomates though, is a 2nd.

I haven't ever seen that before. You must have been going REALLY fast.

And you fled the scene of an accident? Not cool.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I did, I have a job that depends on a clean driving record, which I have had for 6 years. In the area I live in, you get and KEEP tickets for everything, nothing is dropped. And for this I would have gotten 6 Points for reckless driving, and 4 for too fast for conditions. Which means if I got pulled over at 2 over, and got a ticket, I would lose my license. No thank you. No one was hurt, mailboxes in that shitty neighborhood are hit every day by bats/bricks, and im not about to pay 400 dollars in tickets, and repairs on my car.

And as far as the speed, I was doing about 50-55 when I started sliding, at point of contact I was probably doing between 25-35 laterally, although, I stopped almost immediately afterwards.

I did, I have a job that depends on a clean driving record, which I have had for 6 years. In the area I live in, you get and KEEP tickets for everything, nothing is dropped. And for this I would have gotten 6 Points for reckless driving, and 4 for too fast for conditions. Which means if I got pulled over at 2 over, and got a ticket, I would lose my license. No thank you. No one was hurt, mailboxes in that shitty neighborhood are hit every day by bats/bricks, and im not about to pay 400 dollars in tickets, and repairs on my car.

And as far as the speed, I was doing about 50-55 when I started sliding, at point of contact I was probably doing between 25-35 laterally, although, I stopped almost immediately afterwards.

Wow. You sound like a jerk.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I did, I have a job that depends on a clean driving record, which I have had for 6 years. In the area I live in, you get and KEEP tickets for everything, nothing is dropped. And for this I would have gotten 6 Points for reckless driving, and 4 for too fast for conditions. Which means if I got pulled over at 2 over, and got a ticket, I would lose my license.

It sounds like you were well aware of all this and rallied into a culvert anyway. Yep... lack of accountability pretty much sums up the biggest problem this country faces.

Tits mcgee

No one was hurt, mailboxes in that shitty neighborhood are hit every day by bats/bricks, and im not about to pay 400 dollars in tickets, and repairs on my car.

Mental note: Next time I feel compelled to engage in a rousing session of gratuitous wanton property destruction, make sure the property belongs to some poor people. It would have happened anyway amiritelolz!

Damn this whole situation is f*cked up.. you should atleast drop off enough cash for them to fix up there mailbox... atleast that's what I'd do... this is why I stick to playing on gravel roads:) no houses for miles, no people to hurt, no cops, easier to get sideways, and your tires and rims are all dusty afterwards and it looks cool!

You sir are a sack of sh!t for not taking responsibility for the damage you created.

You are a pussy for running from the scene.

You are a moron for putting your job at risk.

You are an asshole for putting the people of the community at risk. If your location was listed, I would have already forwarded this information to your local police department.

You sir are a sack of sh!t for not taking responsibility for the damage you created.

You are a pussy for running from the scene.

You are a moron for putting your job at risk.

You are an asshole for putting the people of the community at risk. If your location was listed, I would have already forwarded this information to your local police department.

To say nothing of what you are for posting this on a public forum leaving you open for ridicule.

It is still ugly.

Archived