LegacyGT.com

I think I've fallen for this car...

girldelvov

Here are the specs:

2008 LGT Ltd - Auto <--I know i know... but got to get into the Subaru family with something, right ;)

18k miles

subaru certified- 6/yr 100,000 miles (therefore has a couple years left on warranty)

1 previous owner

clean carfax

dealership is looking to get 21,272 out the door after my trade (that i'd get $1500-1700 for)

It drives as a subie should drive... like a dream =)

I think i've fallen or this :wub:. Can you verify if i'm not just in awe of what could be my first subie and that this is indeed a good deal for this car? if not, what would be a good deal? I've looked up kbb and nada with those numbers quoting high (if only i found this at private party level... couple k cheaper...).

But bottom line, I'm star struck and need a sanity check before any cash is put down.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts =)

18,000 miles for $21,272. Seems like a pretty good buy.

But you should get it check out properly. Go down and drive it. Check that everything is in order. Check if it was ever modded previously etc.

Good luck with the buy!

Thanks Kodax.

I guess i wasn't too specific, sorry about that... I did go for a test drive, alls well. I've been around a fair share of modded subies, although not for a few years now, but i'm familiar with what to look for and all checked out with this one being bone stock.

All seems to be pretty legit with the car. along with a 3 day 'return' policy from Subaru themselves which sweetens the deal. I suppose its a matter of numbers at this point.

It looks like it comes down to this:

Car: 20,450

add taxes, registration, etc: 23,178

minus my trade: 21,272

If only uncle sam wasn't apart of the equation! Too much for an '08? Am i getting ripped on the taxes/registration portion? seems a little high

..It looks like it comes down to this:

Car: 20,450

add taxes, registration, etc: 23,178

minus my trade: 21,272

If only uncle sam wasn't apart of the equation! Too much for an '08? Am i getting ripped on the taxes/registration portion? seems a little high

If you haven't done it yet, run your #s in KBB & NADA. Various states vary in sales tax. After all the math, you should arrive at an accurate market value for this subie.

Check to make sure any and all recalls have been done. Check the wheel bearings and check for any previous modification evidence. I had my car for two years before I found that it had been modded before I had it...

Thanks everyone for the feedback! From all this, looks like its not too shabby of a deal. Hopefully I'll be posting in the other forums outside the 'pre-purchase questions' soon.

I've crunched the kbb and nada numbers previously and it pans out well. I do keep looking at that private party $ however, which i know its not in this specific case. But even then dealer price, its not terrible.

Hicksta, out of curiosity, was that after taxes/fees/registration/ etc etc or before?

SubieLovers, did you buy off private party or dealer? Looks like you got a good deal!

Thanks for the tip Jazz. Its got a recall listed so I'll check with the dealership to see if anythings been done about it.

• Moderators

I think it's just an "OK" price, but for a dealer you're right it's probably pretty good.

I say just 'ok' because I sold my '09 (MT no spoiler) that was in MINT (it literally could not have been in better shape) condition with 7k miles on it for $22,500. Private party sale benefited me as the seller and obviously the buyer. Just couldn't keep the car at the time, and I'm happy with my wagon now anyways :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

it was from a dealer... we walked off after giving our number to the used car manager... by passed the sales guy all together just walked into his office... We also had a nice trade '08 impreza 2.5i 5eat with 67K on it and cash down to offer. We started to walkout again because we were looking at a '05 LGTL 5eat at a dealer across town and he knew it... he finally caved... I think it was listed for $20,850 or something. GLWP

Archived