LegacyGT.com

Replacement Car Suggestions

I sold my legacy about a month-2 months ago and have been contemplating a replacement.

First off, I am in no hurry, Like planning on using next years tax return for my down payment no hurry.

Here is the list so far of possibilities:

135i

E46 M3

335xi

335d

LGT Spec B(2007)

2011 WRX STI Sedan

Audi RS4

C55AMG

Cobalt SS Turbo(mainly because its cheap and gets good MPG)

S60R(volvo)

IS350

Camaro SS(New one)

Can't think of any others right now

There is a list of cars I won't get though:

EVO(I hate them with a passion!)

RSX-S

Civic SI

G-35/37

350/370z

RX-7/8(had both)

S2000(rode in my buddies tooo slow and lots of problems)

Mustangs don't really go in either category, if I came across a GT500 I would contemplate it, but for the most part I really don't like them.

Stuff I am interested in, features:

Leather

manual preferred

4 door is good, since I have a kid and one on the way, although they would rarely ride in it

as fast or faster than my old Stg 2 LGT

Good/descent MPG is a plus and/or regular gas

reliable, not necessarily cheap to maintain, which would be nice, but a good track record for not breaking down

AWD/RWD, AWD is obviously better, but RWD is fine, FWD as a last resort(cobalt SS has it I know ;0)

Around 30K$, used is fine, and its a ballpark number I am striving for

Last, I do like a car that's not driven by absolutely everyone(see mustang)

I know there has been a descent amount of these style threads, so I apologize for that, I know of a lot of cars, but I wanted to see if you could add/define cars to the list thanks!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would recommend the RS4 or S4, my brother had an RS4 and he left it to me for about a month and I really miss it. The maintenance is a little expensive but they are rare and sound really nice stock. The mileage also was not to bad, i was getting 24 mpg driving 70 percent high way at 70+. I hope this helps and good luck on the hunt for a new car.

Thanks!

I had a friend who was driving one and he liked it, but he had to give it back to his brother. I never got a chance to go for a ride in it.

I have to put a lot of research into my next car. I have owned 17 vehicles(i turn 27 next month), so the Mrs wants me to keep this next vehicle for a while(not cost effective to trade in every year). Because of that, I have to put a lot of time and effort into this nest car.

Although I do have to say I owned the Legacy GT for 6 years. It was the only car I have been content with.

Why do you feel AWD is better than rear wheel when it comes to a HP car? If I wasn't such a sissy in the few snow days we get each year, I'd rock something rear drive in a heartbeat. As far as the Mustang goes, I see way more ugly ass new Camaro's than I do new 5.0's around here. Out of the list you have, I vote either new STi (best looking to date, IMO) or 135/335d. 135 for fun driving, 335 if you want to sacrifice some performance for 2 more doors and good fuel economy.

Why do you feel AWD is better than rear wheel when it comes to a HP car? If I wasn't such a sissy in the few snow days we get each year, I'd rock something rear drive in a heartbeat. As far as the Mustang goes, I see way more ugly ass new Camaro's than I do new 5.0's around here. Out of the list you have, I vote either new STi (best looking to date, IMO) or 135/335d. 135 for fun driving, 335 if you want to sacrifice some performance for 2 more doors and good fuel economy.

It depends on where I get stationed next, I could go to Alaska, and if I do, it would be "difficult" as a daily driver. Not impossible(from MN, and owned RWD vehicles in the winter)

I don't like the base Camaro's but I do like the SS, and I do like the outside of the new 5.0's but the last mustang I sat it was really cheap inside(even with leather etc) the fit and finish was pathetic.

I have been leaning towards the 335xi more than all of them, just because I would have the false safety net of AWD and the stage 2 dinan kit puts hp and tq at 355/401 which should be more than quick enough for me.

I am kind of hoping this thread might open my eyes to some other cars. A week ago I didn't really know about the S60R and C55, so I am sure there are other odd cars out there I haven't heard of.

I can't answer as to what you should get. But I can say this, I don't buy the cobalt based off of what you said. If you are just buying it because it's cheap, and gets good gas milage you'll hate it in 6 months. I did that with my last car and I was miserable the entire time I owned it. If you don't have a reason to buy it you won't like it very quickly. and end up in the exact same situation you're in now. Looking for another car next year and saying you want to stick with that one for a while.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I can't answer as to what you should get. But I can say this, I don't buy the cobalt based off of what you said. If you are just buying it because it's cheap, and gets good gas milage you'll hate it in 6 months. I did that with my last car and I was miserable the entire time I owned it. If you don't have a reason to buy it you won't like it very quickly and end up in the exact same situation your in now. Looking for another car next year and saying you want to stick with that one for a while.

yea, good point. i threw it out there cause i used to really like them, and if i bought it, i would also buy a new bike(aprilla rsv4)

What about a ctsv? Used it could be had under 30, cheap power additions, and relatively inexpensive to maintain. And the older ones I know take regular gas. Not positive about the new ones.

What exactly don't you like about Evo's? Just curious really. I'd like to get into an EvoX out of college.

I was stationed in Japan, they don't hold up over time. And i have known a lot of people with them, and they have had many many problems. They also have been known to have cracks in the block(completely stock) And I have owned a few mitsubishis before and am not impressed with them. However, they have a diesel truck over there that is pretty cool to drive!

Interesting info. I'll have to remember that before I dive into a Mitsu lol. The EvoX's just make insane power with such little mods.

Anyways, a new CTS-V would certainly be a nice ride for ya. The other day I just saw a wagon CTS-V (at least I think it was? had the V8 badge). Pretty sweet looking rides.

A 2009 Jaguar XF is right in your price range and has the rare luxury factor that a BMW and Audi won't have.

CTS-V wagon would be sweet too. I wish the blind spots weren't so big on them though. (I sat in one at the Seattle Auto Show)

Volvo XC60 R also seems pretty cool if you're contemplating cars with a little higher ride height

A 2009 Jaguar XF is right in your price range and has the rare luxury factor that a BMW and Audi won't have.

CTS-V wagon would be sweet too. I wish the blind spots weren't so big on them though. (I sat in one at the Seattle Auto Show)

Volvo XC60 R also seems pretty cool if you're contemplating cars with a little higher ride height

I will also check out the jag. edit, quick check on it, I have seen those before, and they are a really nice ride

I was reading a review about the visibility issue with the cts-v on the coupe. So now I have something to do this weekend(I am in TX away from home, so I am kinda bored)

Although I listed the S60R, I am worried about the wear of the leather. I saw their SUV's after 5 years and the seats looked horrible. as does my bosses Volvo. Has that been your case? Is the XC a crossover or the SUV?

Also BTW I have a Saab 97x and a Ninja 250r. The ninja is slow, like slower than my stock LGT slow, but it gets 50MPG back and forth to work. I really like the 97x we have too.

I actually thought about getting a Trailblazer SS or 97x Aero. but I don't know if I would like them in the long run since they only have 4 speed transmissions.

Did you try to fit in 135? I can't sit in one comfortably and I'm not that large.

335xi - good luck finding one with MT and sport package (I think it's harder than finding a decent e46 M3). Otherwise it's too soft, imo.

And you'd be overpaying for anything in the 08-11 vintage of used cars.

p.s. you can order '13 mustang GT with track package and recaro seats for <34k. If you shop late in model year, there might promotions worth 1-2k.

What about a ctsv? Used it could be had under 30, cheap power additions, and relatively inexpensive to maintain. And the older ones I know take regular gas. Not positive about the new ones.

I don't think that is correct. Non V, yes, V, no.

Did you try to fit in 135? I can't sit in one comfortably and I'm not that large.

335xi - good luck finding one with MT and sport package (I think it's harder than finding a decent e46 M3). Otherwise it's too soft, imo.

And you'd be overpaying for anything in the 08-11 vintage of used cars.

p.s. you can order '13 mustang GT with track package and recaro seats for <34k. If you shop late in model year, there might promotions worth 1-2k.

I can actually fit in the 135I, I am 5'6" and 140lbs, so I can fit in almost anything without being cramped.

I will check out the mustang, but is that the 5.0 mustang?

Sorry to threadjack, but since it's on your potential list, I'm hoping it's ok.

Are the older (pre 2009) CTS-V's worth it? I've heard only amazing things about the 2009+ 550 HP, amazing suspension, but before that, I remember them "only" having 400 HP and I don't know if the suspension was the same or not

Sorry to threadjack, but since it's on your potential list, I'm hoping it's ok.

Are the older (pre 2009) CTS-V's worth it? I've heard only amazing things about the 2009+ 550 HP, amazing suspension, but before that, I remember them "only" having 400 HP and I don't know if the suspension was the same or not

The suspension was not the same. The older models still have IRS but they do not have the new magnetic ride control like the new CTS-V.

Archived