LegacyGT.com

2013 Ford Escape

We had a demo show up at the dealership I work at the other day. Side by side they are MUCH different (as you can tell) the interior reminds me of the Focus. Which I think has a great interior.

I have yet to drive a car with a 2.0L ecoboost in it. So I cannot comment on how it feels. I have however driven the Flex and F150 Ecoboost. Good dose of power.

Car and Driver First Drive

Automobile Mag First Drive

Car and Driver, comparing the 1.6L and 2.0L EcoBoosts:

The 2.0-liter offers effortless acceleration in the Escape, even with the optional all-wheel-drive system. There is no turbo noise, nor is there any obvious turbo lag. Torque arrives early and the engine revs without drama. The turbo 1.6-liter doesn’t feel nearly as quick overall as the 2.0-liter, but its 184 lb-ft move the Escape off the line briskly. Most customers will be happy with the low-end shove of the 1.6-liter and won’t find the 240-horse engine necessary. We, however, are not most customers. Although the smaller engine doesn’t have any lag, it runs out of nerve once the tach needle sweeps past 4500 rpm or so.
And from Automobile Mag:
The 1.6-liter sounds great at high revs and delivers strong linear power, with not a wisp of econocar four-banger about it. The 2.0-liter, for its part, is also full of high-revving character and churns out 240 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque. No one will miss the V-6.

• 2 months later...

Ford recalls 1.6-liter Ford Escape, tells owners to stop driving

Ford said an under-the-hood fire could happen due to an engine compartment fuel line that could split and leak fuel.
Bragman referred to the fact that of the three incidents of under-the-hood fires reported by Ford, two occurred at the production plant as they were being shuttled from assembly line to a parking lot to await shipment.
Zwiebel said there have been no injuries reported, and that one of the fires was reported in an Escape in consumer hands, near Toronto.

Good thing that Ford is jumping on this before anyone got hurt. However, the way Ford has been rushing so many new products to market has been hurting their quality, they need to step it up. I think this has to do with a shortage of the fuel line parts that was reported earlier. I am guessing they went with a another supplier and got burned on the quality.

Archived