LegacyGT.com

Test mode connectors?

bsax14

I sold my 05 lgt sedan and now have a wagon, I'm having a hard time finding the green test mode connectors. In the sedan they were just barely under the carpet under the passenger side glove box. I have looked extensively both under the driver side kick panel, as well as by the ecu. I have only found some white connectors by the steering column on the drivers side,nbut it seems that they don't even connect to each other. PLEASE HELP!

The white connectors are not the ones you're looking for.

[Jedi wave.]

The green connectors are indeed on the passenger side, and they can be buried. Pull the floor mat out, pull back and down on the carpet at the top/back of the footwell. There's a metal panel that covers the ECU. Pull gently on all of the wires around the top of that panel and I'm pretty sure you'll find a couple of loose ones near the top left corner of the panel.

If you're going to be doing this more than rarely, get some crimp-on [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Insulated-Female-Spade-Crimp-Terminals/dp/B006Z95VTU]spade connectors[/ame] from an auto parts shop. Get both genders, and they will fit right onto/into the male and female green connectors and you can use them to wire a switch wherever you want.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this a permanent change? reason I ask is my newly purchased LGT has an old Stg 1 93 tune on it. I was trying to update it, but it asked about these connectors. So I'm just curious if this is something you have to do each time you flash it or what the deal is.

Archived