LegacyGT.com

Don't buy from them.

"But I am not sure whether the color is completely same as your car.

Because I have never seen your car.

If you want to have the parts which color is completely same as your car,

you should come to Japan and check the color by yourself."

Unbelievable. Fast Wagon hit the nail on the head...this is the type of guy that I would PAY to go work for my competitors. That type of response is simply unacceptable under any circumstances. As a consultant for 9+ years, there have been plenty of customers that I was glad to not work with again, but I never let them know that. My short-term gratification would only end up hurting my own business in the long run.

Rob, you might consider calling that company again, finding out who the supervisor is and forward him that e-mail. Of course, you would be doing the company a favor in that case. If you really want that company to reap the consequences then do nothing and just let that guy continue to work there and do his "magic disappearing customer" trick.

Martyr

I've decided to nothing more Martyr other than protesting with my cheque book to another company such as this gent suggested....that being AVO.

I've just received an email from Ross at AVO this morning our time and the service difference couldn't be more striking.

Interesting that one can have an employee like that doing untold damage. I for one being a managing director of my own company for just on 30 years would have this guy sacked if he worked for me.

But that's the end of it, I'll let you know how it transpires and here's a copy of the reply from AVO.

Rob.

Hi Rob

How are you i hope well

The part I can get no problem.

Please place a order on the on line shop. The on line shop is in us$ we keep separate from AVO Australia as the yen is closer to the US$ and the parts are shipped direct from japan.

Painted rear brake light covers for dressing up your Legacy GT Wagon. Should fit all A and B revision models. Please include your color code when ordering this item.

The parts number includes two ## which are different depending upon your paint color code. Codes are below:

Brilliant Silver Metallic: TE

Please note your color code in your order.

The freight cost will be $15.00 US$

IT will take a week to two to get to you by EMS post direct to your door.

I will throw in a AVO flat panel filter for you to test

I do miss the WRX club events they where quite fun

Thanks Ross

Japanparts & Koji are top notch, but as their website clearly states, they sell JDM parts and cannot guarantee fitament for any non-JDM application. This applies to painted parts as well (Just as the USDM's white Legacy's are not the same color white as the JDM versions). They told you exactly what they needed to in order to cover themselves from any liability in the case you ordered the parts and they did not fit, or match correctly.

I've bought over $5,000 in parts from Japanparts over the past 4 years and I have never had a problem with the parts or the way they do business. It's a risk I take hoping JDM parts fit my USDM cars correctly...

That being said the guys at AVO have actually touched the parts they sell and have compared them to the AUS models so they can say without a doubt that the fit/match.

I really don't see what the gripe is about...if your not 100% sure of fit/match when buying from japanparts then buy from someone else who can guarantee the fit/match.

Both AVO & JapanParts are excellent vendors IMHO

I really don't see what the gripe is about...if your not 100% sure of fit/match when buying from japanparts then buy from someone else who can guarantee the fit/match.

That is what I'm doing! The gripe was being not being offered the common courtesy of good manners by innuendo inference. It was unwarranted and totally disrespectful.

Customers do not have to be treated like that and why not be made aware just in case it happens to some other poor unsuspecting soul purchasing from overseas.

I'm glad you have had a better outcome.;)

Cheers.

Rob.

There are some pretty big cultural differences and language barriers at work here, but that email was just outright rude. In business like this, customer service is key, and I would wash my hands of this company.

AVO is the only game in town, IMHO, when it comes to getting JDM OEM stuff. Nobody else comes close as far as communication.

Ain't this the truth. I have had such nightmares ordering from JDM land, but AVO is the only company I would ever use to order from Japan. Great service, helpful, always ready to assist, and great inventory and communication. They operate better than most US tuning companies... that's a whole other story too :rolleyes:

AVO :D :D :D :D :D

I don't think anyone can guarantee fitment w/ JDM parts w/o actually trying it. But I would think AU and JP cars are more similar than US.

I know in the past that japanparts have sold and sent the wrong grille to someone on SubaruForester.com. But the cost to ship it back doesn't justify returning it.

I guess dealing with part numbers is easier.

• 3 weeks later...

BUY FROM THEM!.........ie. AVO

Guys,

Just though I let you know how I got on with Ross Wilson in AVO Japan and the tail light garnish I wanted that is not available in Australia as an OEM part.

Well I'm absolutely rapt! :D The difference in the 2 companies attitudes is spectacular.

Ross helped me out all the way very professionally. Gave me the assurances I so eagerly needed from this end of the world and the part arrived today 5 days after leaving Japan which included a weekend in that.

The colour is perfect and so is the fit understandably.

I thoroughly endorse their business negotiations for anyone here.

PS. Here is the part just held in place at this stage... a virtual before and after.

PSS. Thanks Ross for the unexpected gift of the AVO air filter. Fantastic!

Regards,

Rob.

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/621/taillight27uu.jpg

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/1124/taillight18ob.jpg

Archived