LegacyGT.com

A few weeks ago i noticed a clicking noise coming from my left side. I thought it was a rock. I have been driving for the past few weeks and it has been getting worse. It is worse when turning and comes and goes when driving straight. Does anyone know what it might be? The car only has 25,000 miles on it.

A few weeks ago i noticed a clicking noise coming from my left side. I thought it was a rock. I have been driving for the past few weeks and it has been getting worse. It is worse when turning and comes and goes when driving straight. Does anyone know what it might be? The car only has 25,000 miles on it.

Does the clicking increase/decrease with speed? Have you taken a look at your tread, there could be something lodged in there. Also do a visual inspection of your CV boots to make sure something hasn't separated and contacting the control structure.

It increases with speed. from 0-25 there is no noise unless i am going around curves, and above 30 it is pretty constant. I pulled all the wheels and check the tires, nothing. I checked the CV boots and all are in good shape and look normal.

thanks for the help. I went to a dealership a few months back for some other work and they said my warranty was up. I just called the same dealership and they said I still have my 5 year 60,000 power-train warranty and what ever the problem is should be covered.

thanks for the help. I went to a dealership a few months back for some other work and they said my warranty was up. I just called the same dealership and they said I still have my 5 year 60,000 power-train warranty and what ever the problem is should be covered.

Wow that first dealer = Asshat

Take your car to the dealer that realizes it hasn't been 5 years or 60K miles. :)

So the dealership said there is no problem and the car is fine. The tech took the car out and said it was a rock, he then came with me on a second test drive so i could show him the noise and he said it was rocks again. He put the car in the air and had me walk around and pick all the rocks out. We went for a third test drive and the noise is still there but they are saying that there is no problem with the car. I took it out today on the freeway and the noise is worse than ever. The tech never pulled the wheels or did any form of inspection he drove it and removed a rock. I dont really know what to do anymore.

I just want to put my 2cents on ideas for ya I have had these issues though I'm 3rd gen, but if it was a bearing it could click but it would be more of a squeel or something kinda like a worn break pad squeel. that happened to me when I shattered one of my bearings one way to test it is to lift it up and shake the tired if there is any wiggle or play then its a bearing. as for clicking, a cv axle can do that a rock or something sharp could of torn or losened the boot and it dried up the joins which causes them to click or break, and easy way to test that is to turn sharp and hit the gas then it'll click

Hope this helps ya

thanks for the help, i lifted the car up this afternoon and had me a look and everything looks great the wheel spins good with no wobble or grind, and the the CV boots look like new. I will have to try the sharp turning diagnoses. I first notice it getting worse when i drove around a rather curvy road near where i live. I was only going 30-35 but the corners were sharp and it was making that stupid clicking noise.

Yeah when I first bought my car my driver side was really bad the slightest turn even on the freeway would make it click, so I replaced the cv axle and it was good then a few months later my passenger side started doing it but only on really sharp turns like almost full lock, now my 2nd cv axle on the passneger side started clicking so I have to change that soon when I get more tools lol

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so the dealership said there is nothing wrong, but when i am driving on the freeway next to other cars or a rail i can hear the noise louder than ever. could it be my mud flaps flapping in the wind.

Archived