LegacyGT.com

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

wpgspecb

Very few cars look good in orange...this isn't one of them. Orange is used in the retail world to give people a sense of low price or "value" (read as "cheap")...think of Home Depot's "decor" in their stores. Poor color choice for a show car (unless said car is a McLaren which has a respected history of that color).
It is still ugly.

Orange in cars is very different. It's either a signature color, or it denotes sportiness, youthfulness, and/or fun. As long as Subaru doesn't go crazy and produce too many orange cars, it's nice to see the color palette expand past shades of gray.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sporty? 0-60 in 10-11 seconds? I really like what subaru is trying to do with the xv. I just don't get the way everyone wants a taller car. It also contradicts the "boxer engine=lower center of gravity" stuff. However the awd with more ground clearance is totally logical. Much more than the fleet of crossovers without awd.

I'm not calling the XV sporty by any means, just pointing out the adjectives. A taller car with a boxer still has a lower center of gravity than other cars with V and inline engines. Juke has 7", Countryman has 5.86", X1 has 7.6", Q3 has 6.7", Caliber had 7.67", SX4 has 6.9", and the Tiguan has 6.9". The Crosstrek has a full on 8.7". The boxer affords Subaru the ability to add real ground clearance to its crossovers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not calling the XV sporty by any means, just pointing out the adjectives. A taller car with a boxer still has a lower center of gravity than other cars with V and inline engines. Juke has 7", Countryman has 5.86", X1 has 7.6", Q3 has 6.7", Caliber had 7.67", SX4 has 6.9", and the Tiguan has 6.9". The Crosstrek has a full on 8.7". The boxer affords Subaru the ability to add real ground clearance to its crossovers.

Not saying you did. Subaru and the media are calling it sporty.

Orange belongs on a Lambo, not an XV Crosstrek.

Look how the funky colours worked out for the Aztek :lol:

Or a 70's Volvo...

:hide:

The general rule is that cars in bright colors are usually small cars or performance cars while the more subtle colors are on larger cars that aren't supposed to stand out.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think it's worth taking a look at these when they start appearing on dealer lots - but not in orange, obviously.

One of my sisters bought a Forester a couple of years back because her family was growing. I'm curious to see how the XV will compare, especially since it should get better gas mileage, which is something of an achilles heel for that car.

My other sister leased a 2.0T genesis coupe because she was living in Florida. She moved to Madison, WI about 6 months ago. I am pretty sure she's got the wrong car :lol:. Thinking this might be a reasonable alternative for her...

Archived