LegacyGT.com

What Wheels For You (Upgrade) ?

AMT4SWA

What does everyone think of the rims on the STi model Legacy/Liberty? For mine, unless its the actual colour of the picture, I think they are a bit too grey. I think either shadow chrome or a lighter silver would look a lot better.

Have you seen the BBS CH Motorsport rims? They come in 17" 18" & 19" and fill out the arches perfectly!

legacy_rear.jpg.c936f239dd2d452f0a78ff16b596fbba.jpg

02_m3_ch_1.jpg.c0604b4ed09bcdfff13e65c3283b4d1e.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont like the CHs that much try the new BBS REs lighter and cheaper than the CH similar style [img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/bbs/swap/bbs_re_ci3_l.jpg[/img] only comes in 18 though

• 5 weeks later...
You could always just flip for a set of these... [img]http://www.subaru.co.uk/imggb/www/subaru_accessories.nsf/NULL/BC71551FE2B2D8C880256E4C0057FC25/$FILE/28111ae011.jpg[/img] It's the wheel that comes standard in at least a few countries on the WRX, has been since the inception of the newer GD/GG Impreza.

Leave it to Sube. :) Any info on the size or price? There are two differences that I see: 1) On the AMG and ASA rims the lug holes are lined up with the spokes (as opposed to the gap between the spokes). 2) On the AMG and ASA rims the space between the spoke pairs goes all the way to the edge of the rim. On the Subaru rim, it looks like it doesn't go all the way to the edge. VERY close, though. Hmmm... I'm sure the Suby rims would be less than the $419 per rim cost of the AMG rims. :) They would probably fit, too. There's always THAT benefit. hehehe

Those rims could be had for about $1250, lately I haven't seen a vendor carrying them. Vivid Racing used to, but I also haven't heard the best things about them. That pic is from the Subaru UK site. It is a 17x7" wheel, same size as OE. I know the fit is just fine. They are also available in gold if that is what you like. :) [img]http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/Subaru_Accessories.nsf/NULL/CCF96B0A6386F61A80256D59004C4229/$FILE/28111fe020k.jpg[/img] I'm actually thinking about just an extra set of stock wheels depending on their weight and cost in comparison to others. There are some decent race tire options like the PZero Corsa's. :) [img]http://www.subaru.co.uk/imggb/www/subaru_accessories.nsf/NULL/923F0EB6E4F46BCF80256DFA0065A9DC/$FILE/28111ag010.jpg[/img] Man Subaru UK is so lucky with the amount of accessories they get! [url=http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/subaru_accessories.nsf/webinternetmodels?openview]LINK[/url] Might not be cheap but they have such an OEM variety.

They probably aren't as heavy as a lot of the aftermarket alternatives and are (generally) fairly strong as well. Plus they just look nice overall. I've liked most of Subaru's OE sporty wheels (well, except the bugeye WRX/RS ones. :P

[quote name='SC GT']The more I see them, the more I like the stock rims.[/quote] I'm with SC GT on this one. I took a good, hard look at the stock GT wheels, and in addition to being super easy to clean with five wide, flat spokes. they look quite nice. It's almost a shame that my P1s will relegate the stockers to winter duty, but such is life. Kevin

Stock rims are lame. Why is it so hard for japanese cars to have classy wheels? I'm fond of the audi avus wheels, but I can't for my car to end up on AWOT as a point-and-laugh (if they fit). Who else has a "I mean business" look? No stupid curves or spoke patterns or random useless ornamentation.

What's the second-hand value of the stock rims?

There's a set on the JDM B4 site that looks real nice (and hopefully cheap since they are factory)

Only two that fit that I'd even consider from tirerack below; Are the RGR's really worth more than double the price for the ASA? It's a little darker finish (good) but it's once piece, I'd say for a long-term owner two/three piece is better - especially on new england roads.

jdm.JPG.c6e91b7d19b9feea6292bf02a6b5e0be.JPG

bbs.thumb.JPG.72b79bc35410dfd5f541975209d9f6c9.JPG

asa.thumb.JPG.4cb388682582603b853d5087548b4221.JPG

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I'm still partial to GIALLA. [img]http://www.gialla.co.jp/gialla/catalog/wheel/vulcano/valcano2.jpg[/img][/quote] Hey, DM... is there a name for the style that the GIALLA rims use where the spokes seem to curve out and then back in a bit to meet up with the rim? (The upper left part of the image above shows the "curve back" rather well). Rather than being "flat faced" like the stock rims and some of the others, they seem to curve back into the rim a bit before connecting to the outer edge of the wheel. It looks rather cool. One other thing... I'm thinking the CORSA in the picture is lowered just slightly... yes? Or is it just the larger size of the rims filling out the wheel well?

[quote name='Deer Killer']Stock rims are lame. Why is it so hard for japanese cars to have classy wheels? I'm fond of the audi avus wheels, but I can't for my car to end up on AWOT as a point-and-laugh (if they fit). Who else has a "I mean business" look? No stupid curves or spoke patterns or random useless ornamentation. What's the second-hand value of the stock rims? There's a set on the JDM B4 site that looks real nice (and hopefully cheap since they are factory) Only two that fit that I'd even consider from tirerack below; Are the RGR's really worth more than double the price for the ASA? It's a little darker finish (good) but it's once piece, I'd say for a long-term owner two/three piece is better - especially on new england roads.[/quote] I would say, more accurately, "Stock rims are lame to me." Opinions and perspectives vary. I, for instance, think that the much-loved B4 or Spec B wheels look rather silly in a boy racer kind of way. This is why there are so many different kinds of wheels, to suit different tastes. Some people look at wheels as a fashion accessory, others, such as I, ask if they are strong, reasonably light, durable and easy to clean. Subaru has excellent stock wheels that meet all of those criteria. They might not be the height of fashion, but they are an excellent wheel. The stock STi BBS wheels are also quite nice, for those so inclined. Kevin

Stock rims are lame. Why is it so hard for japanese cars to have classy wheels? . . .

Only two that fit that I'd even consider from tirerack below; Are the RGR's really worth more than double the price for the ASA? It's a little darker finish (good) but it's once piece, I'd say for a long-term owner two/three piece is better - especially on new england roads.

Deer Killer:

I'm sure your local Subie dealer would be more than willing to sell you the Subaru BBS wheels, 17X7, +55 offset, forged I believe, and lightweight --- just be prepared to pay the price for them.

17in_aloy_brushd_alum.jpg.5b3f3a30d1fcf96b50c6ae45568d5fd0.jpg

[quote name='brady_bunch']Hey, DM... is there a name for the style that the GIALLA rims use where the spokes seem to curve out and then back in a bit to meet up with the rim? (The upper left part of the image above shows the "curve back" rather well). Rather than being "flat faced" like the stock rims and some of the others, they seem to curve back into the rim a bit before connecting to the outer edge of the wheel. It looks rather cool. One other thing... I'm thinking the CORSA in the picture is lowered just slightly... yes? Or is it just the larger size of the rims filling out the wheel well?[/quote] I don't know the exact term, but it does look cool. The lip of the wheel also looks pretty deep...also a plus for me. It is apparent that it is lowered. If you look at Gialla's suspension page, they sell springs and other suspension components for the Legacy.

[quote name='chrono111']Just had to post another picture of this beauty !!! [img]http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/blbp_legacy/largeimage/1-3.jpg[/img][/quote] That is the only wheel I have seen that I would have on my Legacy, other than the Prodrive P1 or stock. Kevin

At the price per wheel (north of $850) heck yeah, they're bling. Too much so for my blood. I wouldn't want to have to try cleaning them, either. With my P1s I just soak the wash mitt, grab a spoke and voila. Kevin

Kevin, I don't need to know the intimate details of your washing procedure. :roll: :lol: The washing (being a PITA) with those wheels is sort of why I don't want that design again. They look great when clean but are not easy to keep that way! I know, have snowflakes on the current model.

Archived