LegacyGT.com

5MT Transmission 2005 LGT issues

sdale

Transmission hard to get into gear initially but seems to get better after it warms up. This first started to happen a few months back and I just figured it was the slave so I replaced the slave and it worked perfect for two days. Now I am guessed that there is a leak in the master cylinder. So I replaced that now it worked perfect for two more days. At this point I am guessing I have a leak in the line but when I bled no air would come out. Now at the end of the day I leave my car in the street in gear start the car and engage 1st it is ok. If I start the car neutral it is very hard to get it into gear as I force it the car moves would that be a throw out bearing? After it warms you can feel it “snap in to gear” Any ides??????

I have the same problem. The strange part is it was getting into gear was perfectly fine til i took it into the dealership to check a problem. When I returned to pick up my car, it was difficult to get into gear. Dealership said they didn't do anything other than inspect the problem...... What kinda helped was I changed to the tranny fluid to Redline Lightweight shockproof and Motul:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/redline-lightweight-shock-proof-173978.html

Still a little difficult to get into gear on cold start, but in goes in gear. Wonder what else could be the problem though...:confused:

Archived