LegacyGT.com

trying to find a specific bolt for my brake caliper

I lost the upper bolt that hold the caliper in place on the front passenger side brake. No local dealership stocks that bolt, so I want to order it online somewhere. Any suggestions?

It is part # 26387c on the attached diagram. It is an 8mm x 1.00 (fine pitch) 20mm long. (I think)

I was able to get something close enough from the local ace hardware to keep me going, but I'd like to get a solid automotive grade piece in there.

Any thoughts?

IMG_20120409_093534.thumb.jpg.544df9d0589ceefef4f3c687bf64cea8.jpg

I lost the upper bolt that hold the caliper in place on the front passenger side brake. No local dealership stocks that bolt, so I want to order it online somewhere. Any suggestions?

It is part # 26387c on the attached diagram. It is an 8mm x 1.00 (fine pitch) 20mm long. (I think)

I was able to get something close enough from the local ace hardware to keep me going, but I'd like to get a solid automotive grade piece in there.

Any thoughts?

I managed to lose one of those also and just had the dealer order it. Cost a couple bucks but took 3 days to get in.

In the meantime I got an automotive grade replacement from NAPA, put 2 nuts on it and cut it to size with my dremel.

McMaster-Carr may have what your looking for.

Last year I went to the dealer because I just wanted to replace the same bolts on my 05. He showed me some corse thread bolt that was bigger. When I said I think mine are finner thread, the parts guy said this is what they always use.

I turned and walked away.

Here, all I see are 8x1.25 though

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-cap-screws/=h26rwu

The fronts are bigger then the rears. Just so you know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived