LegacyGT.com

Burnt valves, what did you pay for repair?

I would expect it to be a $1500-2000 job, most of cost in labor. Valves are like $50 each. Seals and gaskets for entire motor are like $250-300 total.

Find a good independent that you trust / puts a warranty on their work. Also look at Subaru performance shops. You may also be able to con some forum members to pull the engine and then take the head to get repaired.

If an engine removal is performed, also consider clutch and TOB (at least inspect) if they are within time to be replaced.

I'd say 1500-$2000+, depending on what else they find or what else you want to replace/do.

Mine was around $3500

Did T-belt, water pump and a lot of other thing's since why do it again in a few years

and pay for labor again.

OP I see your at stage1. Who's tune do you have ?

How long have you been at stage 1 ?

Are you the original owner ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Started with a rough idle that quickly went to mis firing on cylinder #4.

Changed plugs and coil, wasn't ready to tear it down as far as the injector.

Dealer diagnosed the burnt valve.

Working with Dent Sport now, good price but they're backed up until Mid May.

I am running a Stage 1 Map from Tuning Alliance, probably had it for about 2 years now.

Yes I am the original owner, my diivorce present to myself! Perhaps that's why I love this car so much?

Working with Dent Sport now, good price but they're backed up until Mid May.

Maybe way too far but another inexpensive but very experienced garage up in Seacoast NH(Exeter) is Scotty's Country Auto. The owner has been wrenching Subaru for 20+years.

Have you contacted Mike to let him know about the burnt valve ?

My 05 has been on his stage 1 map from May 09 at 19psi till Sept 10 when it went stage 2.

The car had been on Cobb stage 1 since 8000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived