LegacyGT.com

Koni's 473.58 shipped!!!!

SwaggerWagon05

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
man oh man back in the day i lowered one of my cars in highschool and talk about bouncy.... lol i thought it was the cool thing lol i have def come a long way and have learned ALOT!!! i will post up a thread about the install after its done prob in like june or something (when i get back from my deployment) and let everyone know how they are, i looked and looked and no one has put teh s techs with konis and have said anything about them so we will see how it all comes together!!!!!!!

I shopped around and paid $465 shipped for my Konis. Finally will have time next weekend to install. Im already on Rallitek springs and plan on keeping them. But I never even questioned the top hats. I do get some squeaking from the springs. Should I go with new top hats??

Just as a heads up to everyone that ordered a set my rears shipped I'll get them tomorrow and the fronts are delayed by Koni still... Lol you would think that they would stock up like crazy if they have a sale every year...

*****EDIT*******

Both front and rears have shipped! Woot!!!!

Be sure to get a pipe cutter. It made the process pretty painless. Hardest part for me was getting an extra set of hands for doing the front struts (didn't bother with spring compressor). You do not need a spring compressor to remove any of the stock springs.

It's all good I hope that link explains everything that you needed... And yes I have a Mac tools pipe cutter =) I can't wait to get home and do this! Me and my buddy are going to do this, me him and a case of frosty beverages should do the trick.. I'm just wondering if I should order any white line suspension things to help with the alignment.. Someone else on here said not to worry the stock stuff should align up so we will see if not I'll order some white line stuff!

True that, new bushings affect the feel mostly. I'll be replacing most suspension parts regardless. I started a new goal a few months back of bringing the car "up to speed" replacing all worn out components like hoses filters, bushings etc, and removing as much rust as possible since i knew id be hitting 100k soon, and the car is from ohio. Plus it goes hand in hand with my clean the engine bay goal :)

I got my shipment notifications from Tunersports as well. They have been really good with e-mail and keeping me (and I assume others) up to date as to whats going on with the order. So far very impressed with them.

-Steve

:eek:i sure do like that blue!! nice looking wagon!

@W.K my car is also from ohio lol (so am i) but i live in ND because of the military, i bought my car in IL drove 12hrs traded my 09 impreza and turned around and drove 12hrs home i was awake for like 32 hours that day it was insane im so glad i went and id do it again!!

:eek:i sure do like that blue!! nice looking wagon!

@W.K my car is also from ohio lol (so am i) but i live in ND because of the military, i bought my car in IL drove 12hrs traded my 09 impreza and turned around and drove 12hrs home i was awake for like 32 hours that day it was insane im so glad i went and id do it again!!

Thats the same reason im in california lol

• 5 weeks later...

I installed a set on my brother's car this weekend. I ended up getting a corded Dewalt impact gun and wish I had one years ago.

His combination is s-tech and the Koni has a smooth setting at 1.5 turns from full soft. It was a night and day difference going from stock struts (probably blown from s-techs). I will chime in when I learn more, but it seemed very nice.

I also believe the Konis can handle the drop as well.

Thanks for the link to the discount, OP. Saved him some cash :)

Finally ordered a set of these after lurking for awhile. Looking forward to pairing these with my Epic springs that have been collecting dust for a few months. Thanks for the heads up on the deal! $462 shipped is a killer deal.

Archived