LegacyGT.com

new member looking at 5mt gt wagon

Hi guys great forum you have here!

I've been looking for a 2005 legacy gt wagon 5mt and we all know how rare they are I have had 4 of them slip through the cracks. One I had the deal done dealer said dont worry no deposit needed an hour later i showed up and they sold it.

I gave up started looking for a black outback xt but that color is pretty hard to find and seem to be more expensive then the gt i've found.

this week they all popped up at once. I learned from my first mistake and put a deposit on one

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/inview/detail.jsp?dealer_id=64541923&dealership_view_name=www.americanmotorgroup.com&ct=u&car_id=318502464

just curious if this was anyone's car or if anyone knows about this dealer or car? looks like its been serviced at Patrick Motors Subaru

Shrewsbury, MA religiously.

I got the dealer to agree on doing the timing belt and replacing the driver side leather seat. Its in CT and Im in maine so i'll be going down this weekend.

Any other suggestions on what I should look for or have the dealer do?

looks like it's being taken care of - regular service at the dealer. Good that you got them to replace the timing belt, little worried that they are not Subaru shop and thus may not do it properly. Also considering the mileage you should start thinking about turbo and UP replacement soon.

Otherwise, great looking wagon. Good luck with it !

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Wow good find. Check tire wear, These things should have even tire wear, all my Legacys have never shown any signs of un-even tire wear. They will pull to one side or the other on the highway depends on the pavement.

When you do the up catless pipe remove the filter in the banjo fitting on the back of the passenger side head.

Read around here, you'll find what to do to maintane the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks guys. I've been doing a lot of reading and research. I believe the turbo had been replaced once by the Subaru dealer I'll have to double check. Dealer says the toys have even wear Abba are like 80-90% tread left on them. I'll update this once I see it in person.

Archived