LegacyGT.com

OEM BOV capability

Anyone know whats the max amount of boost the oem BOV can deal with without leaking? Running 22 psi on new engine currently with a GFB stealth FX BOV but getting tired of the ricer noise so will either set it to 100% recirc or switch back to OEM one. should it be ok at 22 psi?

your pushing the envelope at 22 psi.

Many people have issues at 20 or so on... Some people start to develop issues at 18+. Depends on the age of the BOV, and a bit of luck from what i can gather!

Everyone claims that full recirc is a safe approach... I went with a Full recirc Turbosmart Kompact. They are essentially a super heavy duty OEM.. About $150

The forge ones have been around for a while, and ppl love them. The TurboSmart Kompact (as i said before) is the one that i have, and it works well. The piece is made very nicely, and is heavy as all hell. I dont think you can go wrong with either. My installer stocks and loves the TurboSmart one... The price was also nice at $150 new.

You can throw a forge at a wall and it will still work :lol:

speaking from experience?

I had a look for the adapter to change my GFB from 50/50 to 100% recirc but no sign of it. So looks like ill need to get a new valve, ill check out the forge recirc ones and turbosmart

i believe the TS one is also solid aluminum. Im sure they are similiar.

Not too many people use the TurboSmarts on lgt's yet. Believe they started more so on the wrx's... Either way, still a 'newer' item in the bpv world.

Dont think there's a wrong choice between the two (from what i have seen at least)

i boosted up to 25 psi with the stock one.

keep in mind its not the bov that starts to fail at higher pressures its because pressure is not reaching the activation side of the bov. potentially the bov can handle 40 psi of boost. if the line going to it and the orafice in the intake is large enough.

people always go to a stiffer spring as a bandaid.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived