LegacyGT.com

Final 4 food!

WhiskeyTango

We are having a few people over for the games this Saturday....what should we cook? Looking for more finger type food. And one person is a vegetarian.

One item on the menu is spicy chicken sandwiches.

Grill this chicken breast baste them with wing sauce and serve them on Hawaiian bread.

french onion dip has mayo, mayo has eggs, most vegans don't eat eggs.

I always go with a high quality cheese/cracker spread. No ritz or triscuits. Gourmet local cheese and gourmet crackers.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Vegetarians always go ape sh*t over a good hummus plate with pita and chips.

For me it's all about the hot wings so that spicy chicken sandwich sounds bomb, throw some blue cheese in there too.

Maybe a taco bar, the veggie could just have beans on them and no meat.

Current ideas:

1) Pork, bacon rollups [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhbD1pj8Y8Q&feature=g-u-u&context=G2a12e95FUAAAAAAAAAA]Pork Bacon Rolls recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys - YouTube[/ame]

2) Shrimp Skewers http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/margarita-shrimp-and-scallops-recipe/index.html

3) Hummus and chips

4) spicy chicken sandwich w/ Hawaiian bread

5) Hamburgers/ sliders

Spinach artichoke dip with fried pita chips

Pretzel minibuns with goatcheese spread, roasted red peppers, sauteed mushrooms is what we do at work for vegetarians

Herb marinated Grilled asparugus, herbed roasted carrots, zuchinni and squash with balsamic honey reduction drizzle?

Thai Lettuce wraps, boston lettuce cups, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, edamame, shrimp lime and cilantro with peanuts

and sweet and sour dipping or even soy sauce, or the peanut sauce i mentioned in the sriacha thread =)

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

If you can grill...marinade some asparagus, zuchinni, squash, potatoes, red onions, carrots all cut to thick juilenne...in some extra virgin olive oil, thyme, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper and grill it up or roast in 450F in oven and your vegetarian friends will love it....

For the balsamic honey glaze, just get a sauce pan and pour about 4oz vinegar and 2-3oz honey and reduce until slightly thickened, let it cool and put in squeeze bottle and drizzle away, if you dont have a squeeze bottle use a spoon or knife and drizzle over cooked veggies...

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some awesome portoabello mushroom burgers, where a large mushroom replaces a burger patty

Just a matter of marinading them and cooking them right, but they can taste great.

I'm not much of a veggie eater and I find them extremely tasty.

http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/m2/CLX0807COOK07-de.jpg

Archived