LegacyGT.com

09 Legacy Special Edition radio issue

I bought my Legacy in March of 2009 and haven't had any issues at all until December. Just hit 28k miles on it and have done no modifications other than window tinting.

Early December my passenger side speakers stopped working. I have the harmon Kardon stereo. I had just gotten into my car to go to work and the sound quality just went to hell. I realized one side of the speakers cut out. I had an appointment for scheduled maintenance later in the week so I let it go and notified the dealer that the issue also needed to be addressed. It stayed like this for the rest of the week until I went in for my appointment. The stereo started working again on the way in for maintenance. Since there was nothing wrong at the time they had the car, they couldn't troubleshoot it.

Everything was fine until this Saturday. I was at a red light about a 1/2 mile from work and the speakers stopped working again. It has yet to go back to normal again.

Any clues as to why this is happening and how I can fix it? I hate not being able to listen to anything while I drive.

• 2 weeks later...
If you find out please let me know. No lie. Same thing happened to me today. Very faint sound out of passenger side front speakers. I went to the dealership to schedule an appt. and they worked. Got home no sound.

I never had this, but when I had the factory stereo in there the whole screen would go tango-uniform, volume would go to near max, and you couldn't change ANY channels on occasion and only start working again after the car was totally shut off and turned back on.

Archived