LegacyGT.com

2011 Legacy wierd problem

I have a base 2011 legacay. I brought it in about 3 months ago becauase the car was doing this wierd thing. It would almost stall and then it would catch itself and go back to a normal idle. It would happen at random. I would just be pulling up to a light to stop and boom it would start.

I have have also noticed that it happen if you jab the gas. My drive way is a small hill and i backup and do a K turn to get out of my driveway. I blip the gas to back up and then i some times get that low idle. The car has never stalled.

One of the best was i can decribe the low idle is when you are parked and the car is running and you try to put the windows up and the widnow are already up and you hear the car strain a little..

When i brought it in they said there was a ecu updated to fix the issue. They said they did that. I tried to find what ECU updated it was but couldnt. They also told me it was bad gas. I dont belive that beucase my brother and i both have the same car and get our gas form the same place and he has no problems.

What do you guys think it is?

Thanks

Mike

That's hard to diagnosis simply because it could be a variety of causes, and there's no way to tell without being there. Even a mechanic with tools may have a hard time tracking it down.

That said, it *may* be a slight air leak in the air intake system.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

• 2 months later...

I know this an old thread but i have some update. It seems to be happening more since the warm weather is around. My thought its becuase the ac is on and more load on the car. Even at idle the car just doesnt seem to be smooth. Like when you take off it almost sounds like the car is loading up with fuel or somthing. Just wanted some other thoughts

thanks

mike

Archived