LegacyGT.com

Flickering Dash Lights(heater control,radio,dash illum.)

On the drive to work this morning noticed car seemed to be running a little rough.......then the above lights began to flicker. At a traffic light idle was rough.....gas mileage is suffering. Filled up last night 320mi to fill up. Drove maybe 15mi now reading 270mi to fill up??? Wtf? Any trouble shooting ideas? Gonna hook up the accessport znd try to figure this out after work.

Check your battery terminals first and make sure the connections are snug. Always the first thing to check IMHO when electrical issues are appearing.

That was actually going to be my first check, just changed the battery two weeks ago.

That was actually going to be my first check, just changed the battery two weeks ago.

sure. A year ago, I was getting into my car and started it. As soon as I turned the key, all the dash lights flickered and the car completely died. I opened the hood, checked the terminals and found the positive one loose (during winter). Tightened it up and it was just fine afterwards. There are other guys on the forum to whom the exact same thing happened. Hopefully, that's what you got.

Negative side connection is loose. Will not snug completely so I guess I'll be replacing the connection.

That's awesome! Simple fix. That's what we all want. Hopefully we're not claiming victory too early. I'm pretty sure that's it though.

yes sir. But the problem of the terminal getting loose I think is unrelated to corrosion IMO. I believe it's just getting loose due to the connector getting hot/cold/hot/cold, and I believe this problem would occur specifically during winter time. Then again, one should make sure they are properly tightened in the first place.

That's awesome! Simple fix. That's what we all want. Hopefully we're not claiming victory too early. I'm pretty sure that's it though.

Switched out the negative terminal......PRESTO!!!!

Do you guy's know to coat the terminals with grease to keep them from corroding.

Yes, I coated my terminals when I first picked up the LGT because the connections were nasty:eek:

Archived