LegacyGT.com

5MT strength

LegacyDan

Depends how you drive it. If you launch it at every chance you get, or race the car aggressively, then I'd recommend staying not much over 330whp and 350ft-lbs. If you are easy on the car, don't race it, just do pulls in-gear, then you can handle a bit more.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i dont think ill be racing it now since i had to get it re-built! but engine should no longer be the bottle neck since rebuild it will more than likely be the gearbox. I have a spare gearbox there, so worst case scenario i swap that in :)

I baby mine..no hard launches or power shifts. Road dyno shows 400 wtq and 370ish whp..5 Spd is holding up just fine.

Similar story here. TQ more relevant than HP too.

Driving style plays a huge role.

^This. Ive driven my car pretty damn hard but am a very smooth shifter, heel/toe, rev match and NO clutch dump launches EVER. The second I got it tuned I proceeded to put 10k miles on the car at 18psi. + on e85 more often than not in boost :cool:. EXPERIENCE MAY VARY. Overdrive the car, clutch dump, etc and experience WILL vary.

Once M Sprank replaced all the bushings and mounts in my driveline it felt better than new again.

Archived