LegacyGT.com

First Data Logs - I Have Knock

Metal2You

I am using my AccessPort to data log my Tuning Alliance map that I've been running for three years now. The map is intended for stage 2 with a TMIC and 93 octane, which is what I have.

With all the parameters I have selected it logs about three times per second. Maybe I could eliminate a few parameters and get a higher sample rate if need be. If so, which parameters should I eliminate?

I've attached some knock events and a 3rd gear pull. By the end of a few hours of driving, the knock sum was at 14.

I know nothing about tuning. I'm assuming this is bad news and I should put the Cobb 93 octane stage 2 map on and data log that to see if it is any better. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks!

Knock1.csv

Knock2.csv

Knock5.csv

Pull.csv

• Moderators

All I can tell you is that your knock sum did not increase when you did an actual pull to what appears to be close to redline, so I dont think you need to worry there.

Knock sum will increase with certain events near idle because the sensor "hears" things that may sound like knock. You need to worry when the knock sum increases while the car is under load, from my understanding. This is not happening in the one pull you posted.

And yes, that sample rate stinks...to many parameters me thinks.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Holy crap you are logging way too much stuff.

Get rid of:

• A/F everything *** Not necessary
  • EGT (Exhaust Gas) *** Not necessary
  • Injector Duty *** Not necessary
  • Knock Active Sw. (on/off) *** I have no idea what this even is but you don't need it
  • Dynamic Advance (*) *** Not necessary

As far as your logs go, there's nothing in there that I see to be concerned with. Our cars are noisy. You got some FBKC at low/light load under light throttle. It happens. Happens on mine too.

Now, if you consistently got FBKC in the same load area and RPM range all the time, or you end up with FLKC in that area, it'd be worth taking a closer look at.

What I'd really like to see is the AP equivalent of a Learning View but unfortunately I don't know how to pull that up.

correct. you don't need to know the amount of DA you're applying. it's in your map (you can easily look it up) and if timing gets retarded, you have all your knock parameters logged already.

Can you guys take a look at this second gear pull for me?

There is some feedback knock correction at full throttle from 1800 to 4400 RPM. The knock sum incremented just before that at low load and partial throttle though.

Is this something to be concerned about? I did two other second gear pulls and there was no feedback knock correction with those.

Pull1.csv

it's easier to post a learning view for a better graphical representation. however you had 2 consecutive knock events in a row, something to note but seeing that the FLKC is -1.3 means that the FBKC hasnt occured enough to render action by the ecu. and damn, that vag-com is slowwwww

KS only went from 1 to 2. He only knocked once in the log, from the FBKC, but he had some FLKC being applied (previously learned). He mashed his gas at between 1625-1800RPM in 3rd. That can cause some knock too.

Also, it's not a vagcom, it's an AP, that's why it's slow as crap. ;) Take off the TD parameters as well. Hopefully that'll reduce your logging interval some more.

Post up your LV (Learning View). You'll have to search here to see how to pull up a LV with an AP. I don't know how to do it.

nono, there's definitely a way to do it... i've seen it before, just can't remember how. maybe it was by connecting a laptop using the AP dongle and then using accesstuner.

yup, here it is:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3031807&postcount=9

Download AccessTuner Race. Connect to the ECU. On the left side look for the Ignition section, then Knock learning. The table is in there. It's the same table that shows up in Learning View if you are using open source tuning. The fuel trims are displayed under the fuel section, "A/F learning" table.

Archived