LegacyGT.com

STI Brembo's Installed....

edmundu

An awesome upgrade mate!

Could you please provide more details of which year/model STI the calipers/discs came from? Why the hell was everyone saying that custom brackets are required for front sti brembos to go on GT?

They were from a USDM '04 STI, but the JDM's Brembo's are identical. I think that maybe there was some confusion due to the rears, but not the fronts!

4 pots will work but thet are smaller than the stock brakes..

i ran 2 pot wrx calipers (same rotor as 4 pots) on my car last winter ... was fine..

I thought he said that the sti brembos work with our current rotors. Do you need new (smaller rotors) to use the subaru 4 pots?

Jim

Are the 04 and 05 Sti calipers the same as far as mounting is concerned?

I know the bolt pattern changed but am not sure about the caliper bracket spacing.

They are the same! Look for either one, just don't pay for 05 rotors as they are no good to us.

Where can you get the custom rotors for the rear to allow Brembos to be installed?

The fronts ARE straight bolt-on!

Even the STI brakes lines are identical. The rears OTOH, do unfortunately need a custom bracket, and some sort of custom sleeve to reduce the parking brake to 170mm, from the STI's 190mm.

Or you can pick up custom 2 pc rotors, but either way it's not very cheap, nor easy to source. I'll patiently try to put it together, so I have a matching set!

I'm not sure on those, they are specifically for the Subaru 2 pot, which is not the same as the STI Brembo 2 pot! They might just use the same bolt spacing locations, but I would confirm that before you go buying them.

Godspeed Inc. has the brakcets, and also cast iron sleeves which slip into an STI rotor, that effectively reduces the 190mm to our 170mm parking brake.

TWR Racing also has the brackets, and they offer a 2pc Rotor, again not cheap, this setup is like $750 with shipping!!! Then you need to buy the calipers,pads, and lines, bringing you very close to buying a brand new Brembo kit?

Just one more question...

I have access to a cheap set of MY04 STI calipers only. Literally in a brand new condition. However doesn't come with rotors, bolts or brake hoses.

Would MY04 STI front brembo calipers fit with standard Legacy GT rotors/lines/bolts?

I mean, would I be able to just use the brembo calipers on the front and leave the rest of the setup as is?

I can get those brembos reasonably cheap but there is a little point on buying them if I would have to than buy rotors/bolts/hoses separate!

Pls let me know

Cheers

Vlad

• 2 weeks later...

Archived