LegacyGT.com

Coilover install and can't get rear lower???

lofthouse_gt

Whats up guys,

It's been awhile since I've posted on here just been lurking in the shadows for a bit now. Today I installed a set of ISC n1 coil overs on my 05 LGT wagon. The front went super smooth took me like an hour to get them in and the car back on the ground.

The rear install wasn't all that bad either, although I cannot seem to get the rear any lower. I have adjusted the coilovers twice now on the vehicle after putting it back on the ground. I have adjusted the locking rings all the way up and twisted the bottom threaded portion all the way up also. The coilover is pretty much at max lowering and it still is around stock height, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Sorry for the bad pics.

Does anyone know what I should do to get this lower? I should have taken a pic of the coilover vs the stock strut. Everything bolted up just fine, but I am almost thinking that the coilover is to long for my car, or I am overlooking something very easy.

Anyhelp you guys could offer would be great. I am not really trying to drive my car around looking all raked like a hot rod.

DSCN4636.thumb.jpg.0ddd10ee045d2b8f12dd89e5f4b24f60.jpg

DSCN4637.thumb.jpg.b68d2e00b0c95afd2f9d68b8f1d76f16.jpg

DSCN4638.thumb.jpg.b989ebc184cfe26895ec9d0c70577dfc.jpg

DSCN4641.thumb.jpg.4ae36bdb53eaa5dd8c2a3de2173cc886.jpg

Vinny sent the wrong coils.

Your rear coils are most likely for an outback. IIR sent the wrong coils for the rear and had to send the correct ones. Is that where you bought them? Just contact them or whoever you got them from. Im sure something can be done.

Your rear coils are most likely for an outback. IIR sent the wrong coils for the rear and had to send the correct ones. Is that where you bought them? Just contact them or whoever you got them from. Im sure something can be done.
Thanks alot for that reply. That has to be what happened. I could not figure it out, it was driving me nuts. So did this same situation happen to you?

I contacted the IIR vendor on here and he replied back very quickly. He said he was notifying ISC as they are the ones who sent the package. I really hope they will fix this soon. Although I guess this gives me an excuse to drive my other project.

That does look awfully high. Fyi ... I installed ISC street sports on my wagon. I've been having a fair bit of difficulty dialing in the ride height on the rears. When I first installed mine, they looked to be stock height in the rear (yours do look taller than stock to me in the pics). The rears just don't have a lot of room for adjustability, even in the correct legacy coilovers. I confirmed with AJW that it was okay to "stack" all three collars (no gap between them).

I tried that solution and it looked lower than stock, but not much. As per AJW, I tried actually removing the center collar and only running two collars. When I first set the car down, it looked right. After some spring settling though, it now looks like I need a saggy butt spacer because the rear is squatting a bit. I need to put that damn center collar back in, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

At any rate, try at least going to the point where you have all three collars stacked one on top of another. In my opinion, that is the perfect ride height in the rear on ISCs in a wagon. That should give you a 1-2 finger gap on OEM size wheels and tires. If you want to go lower than that, your going to have to do at least one collar delete (or get a different suspension than ISC).

Edit: Just looked at your pics. Sorry. Looks like you're already there with the stacking. I would agree. Wrong size coilovers. When you get the correct Legacy setup, keep in mind what I said. You probably will still need to stack them. Keep all three. Wait a couple weeks or a month for them to settle and then decide if you're on the proper ride height. Good luck.

"

Hello Gerald,

Thanks for the images.

You can even take the middle gold collar off and thrad the bottom mount all the way to the large spring collar/ spring if you wanted.

Having the 3 collars touching/ stacked is also ok, but if you want to go even lower you can remove a collar and be safe.

I would suggest doing this rather than applying more and more preload, but either methos can work.

Thanks,

Andrew

AJW

"

no, it sounds like they don't fit. unless you're literally slamming the car to the bumpstops. proper application coilovers should be able to adjust real low without removing anything from the unit itself.

I agree, bmx, they are not a great fit. They work, but you are correct, they are not really right. However, my point is more that not all of my own personal trouble can be attributed to the part. My own inexperience is absolutely a factor as well. I admit that I'm not entirely happy with my ISC setup, but some of that responsibility has to fall on me as well due to the choices I made (street sport instead of street comfort, etc) and cannot be fairly attributed to the quality of the part.

My fair assessment is that bitch corners like it's on rails and the ride quality sucks on Massachusetts roads. My Legacy is so much more nimble over OEM, it's not even funny. But it's rough too just riding down the road. Is that due to the part or is it because I've got too much preload and street sport over street comfort and I've got the dampers set too firmly. I'm on the bumpstops way more often than I would like, but I've also got it set pretty low. I just don't have enough experience to accurately judge those issues.

Though it's kind of unpopular at the moment, I'd like to personally try to present a fair view of my experience. ;)

(Note: not saying you guys aren't completely entitled to your opinion, or even that's it's not fair and valid, just that this is what mine is.) :)

A revised V2 LGT ISC is coming in a few weeks with some shorter bottom mounts, for people who can not get as low as they would like.

Anyone having that issue just send an email to info@iscsuspension-na.com and it will be taken care of. This will give the ability to go a lot lower.

My personal LGT had no issues, BUT I was running an 18x8 wheel with according tires, so naturally I had more wheel well gap filled.

Couple years no complaints, then over the past few months we noticed a few people here and there having height adjustment issues. Myself and another vendor on here sent this data over to factory, amended for good now and into the future (in about 2-3 weeks).

Street comforts have some cool internal upgrades now that the LGT crowd can enjoy, which will be posted up soon. perfect for the traditional LGT owner looking for some affordable/adjustable coilovers IMO

Customers Legacy on ISC, tucking tire, he wanted it slammed so that's how we installed them for him :)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/awalla5150/epplys.jpg

Again (these look like 18's though)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/awalla5150/lgt-1.jpg

As a tribute (my old lgt which I miss)

"2 finger" wheel well gap on that in the rear, 1 in front (so pretty low f/r IMO)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/awalla5150/DSC00971.jpg

Thanks for the input Dujo I appreciate it. I'll see what I can do and post some pics when I am done.

I spoke with ISC today when I got off work, they are sending me the correct bottom so I can just thread those on and don't have to worry about dropping the whole coil. I would like to say that ISC was very professional and called me back as soon as they got word of my situation. While of course I wish I received the correct part when first ordering they are doing the honest thing and supplying me with exactly what I need. As long as everything shows up as planned I would not hesitate to do business with either IIR or ISC again.

Archived