LegacyGT.com

Dismantling subaru

I need to finish stripping down this jdm legacy i bought. I want to take out the rear diff and all the rear suspension components as easily as possible, the rear brakes/hubs/shafts/diff etc and just curious and the best way to approach this. Can i simply drop the whole rear subframe? i need to get the car stripped down as quick as i can as its left in work and my boss isnt too happy about have a totaled car in the parking lot! I only have axel stands and trolley jacks at my disposal for getting the car up in the air Any advice on best way to remove all this stuff would be appreciated.

Also how difficult is it to remove the front and rear windscreens? knowing my luck i would probably crack one of them!

You can take the rear subframe down as a unit if the strut tops are disconnected. It's be damn heavy, so make sure it is supported properly.

Windows are a pain, but can be done. Though you really want a second set of hands. It's worth paying a glass guy to come remove them as they are better equipped and a million times better at it due to the practice.

Even with the correct tools I still broke my windshield on my first try.

thanks for the tips i need to figure out how to drop the rear subframe i guess, i would guess loosen the rear strut mounts to give a bit of slack and then remove the main sub frame mounts, support it and then take of the strut screws, have some local help hopefully

Archived