LegacyGT.com

Infamous oil supply line install

Need some help here. I got the infamous oil supply line kit and the instructions are not clear. I've got 5 pictures that are 80% blacked out and 8 step. Also crumbled from shipping. From what I can see the air box is removed in one of the pictures???

Anyone done a install thread on one of these?

Or installed one of these that can explain the install.

Infamous's BNR turbo install tutorial was great, used it to get everything apart, but can't figure this out.

I think at least you need the airbox to inlet hose off, to get access to the front banjo bolt. The larger double banjo goes up front, then the shorter line connects to it. Then the filter and bracket, then the longer line & small banjo into the turbo.

Does anyone happen to know which way the Oil Flows? towards the turbo/back of the car or Away from the turbo/front of the car?

I attached a picture of how i mounted it with arrows showing the filters arrow direction.

How often do you change these filters? Or do you clean them out?

I noticed the filter itself was loose when i got mine, the twohalves of the filer that is.

1353410465_InfmousOilLineKitFLOW.thumb.jpg.85f46b7e3c65740b7735a449240086fc.jpg

It seems you have everything installed properly so far. Just make sure everything is tight at this point and keep going. The filter just need a cleaning every once in a while. I wouldn't imagine it would need to be done very often. Every 30k or so.
Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Does anyone happen to know which way the Oil Flows? towards the turbo/back of the car or Away from the turbo/front of the car?

I attached a picture of how i mounted it with arrows showing the filters arrow direction.

How often do you change these filters? Or do you clean them out?

I noticed the filter itself was loose when i got mine, the twohalves of the filer that is.

The arrow should be pointing at the turbo. You can clean the filter every time you change the oil or every other time. Just open the filter, rinse it out, put it back together and reconnect. The fact that it was loose coming from Infamous Performance isn't a big deal. As long as you tightened it before you installed it you'll be fine.

Why would you recommend cleaning it so often? Did you clean the smaller factory banjo bolt filter every oil change or every other one?

M Sprank had posted something like that in another thread. Hell I haven't even checked mine yet and it's been installed for a couple oil changes.

I think hiksta's referencing the thread where i posed that question to sprank...

here was sprank's answer:

Do not have a maintenance interval (yet). But if you are super ocd you could do it every oil change. I would say it could be a routine pat of a 15k maint.

Archived