LegacyGT.com

No WAY TO INSTALL RADIO??

brooklyngenius

Am I correct that nobody makes a kit to install aftermarket radios in the legacy 2.5i?? I saw the bezel for the cubby but that still leaves the radio below and how does that connect to the wiring for the speakers and power? also does this cubby bezel allow for a indash flip out touchsceen dvd player?? any info would be helpful

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

Correct there is no dash kit, and prob will never be. You'll have to get creative if you want to add an aftermarket system! Many people have installed.

Most people that use the Din bezel, have cut the factory wires and do not use the stock stereo at all.

Yes it does, I installed one, check HERE

Usually for cars that have the integrated radio/AC etc, they will eventually make dash pieces where u can have them seperated out. If that makes sense.... There will be pieces to seperate out all the controls/wires and will look stock so you will be able to have aftermarket headunits etc.

I know this is what Chevy does, so I would only assume the other car companies will as well.

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Devil']they will eventually make dash pieces QUOTE]

Eventually = forever

Only 2 compaines make this type of stuff, and with all the redesigns of the car and interior we will be super lucky if it happens. *insert me wishing* I've been through this game with my last car too (Mazda 6) There still isn't one 1 year later

Here's to hope'n though :D

Yes there is ways to install an aftermarket radio, just no way of removing the factory one, without loosing your heater and A/C.

I have been running into a few snags with my aftermarket deck, but am looking to have it installed within the next couple weeks.

Devil']Usually for cars that have the integrated radio/AC etc' date=' they will eventually make dash pieces where u can have them seperated out. If that makes sense.... There will be pieces to seperate out all the controls/wires and will look stock so you will be able to have aftermarket headunits etc.[/quote']

it will never happen, because the stereo and climate controls share the same circuit board as i understand it. its too much R&D and cost prohibitive for a company to produce a kit that includes a complete AC control unit that has been seperated from the stereo.

you can put an aftermarket stereo in the cubby, run the speaker output from the factory stereo into a lineout converter, and run RCA cable from the LOC to an AUX input on the aftermarket stereo. this will allow use of the factory stereo as a 6-CD changer. at least this way it can still be useful.

Question: what about installing Sirius Radio? I have been hoping to install Sirius once Howard Stern moves over to satellite next year. Does anybody have any experience with installing satellite radio inside the car? Is it convenient to do so?

Archived