LegacyGT.com

New logging parameters (comments appreciated)

BarManBean

• Moderators

Hooked everything up again tonight just to change the parameters around as suggested. Here's what I have now:

Time (msec)

A/F Correction #1 (%)

Engine Load (Calculated) (g/rev)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)* (psi relative)

Knock Sum* (count)

Feedback Knock Correction (4-byte)* (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (4-byte)* (degrees)

IAM (4-byte)* (multiplier)

Throttle Plate Opening Angle (4-byte)* (%)

Primary Wastegate Duty Maximum* (4-byte)* (%)

Is that what I need to be logging to get some real information? Remove anything? Add anything?

Thanks all.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

Will read this today. In the meantime I still wouldn't mind a quick "good/bad/your missing crap" review of the above parameters". I'd like to post some logs on here to get some overall feedback on general health of my engine running on stock tune before installing stage 2 pieces.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I would not log AF correction (you get that info from a Learning view) and since you are logging Knock sum, there is no need to include feedback or fine learning KC, I would also ditch wastegate maximum...I don't even know what that means or how it is useful.

You should do a LV before your run and confirm that there is no learned knock and check your AFR learning.

At the end of the day more info is good and all the stuff you have selected is useful, but I prefer to keep the parameters to a minimum in order to get better resolution.

I'd leave FKLC and FBKC in personally. If you're logging a long drive or multiple drives between resets and what not, it's useful to have them in.

Say you get a new FLKC knock and it pulls -1.41*. And now knock sum is 1. Then you drive around for a while, and get another knock event (knock sum=2). All you know is that you experienced a knock, but you have no idea what kind of knock it was. Furthermore, it becomes a pain to tell how much timing was pulled. You have no way of knowing if during your second knock, knock 1 was already unlearned (so it's no longer pulling time) OR if you're getting a second knock AND your engine was ALREADY pulling timing from knock 1...

You'd have to look it up in your tables, or be familiar with your timing tables.

I'd just rather have both of those columns in. With the new RR and fast polling, you already have plenty of resolution compared to the old days of 300ms+ per line. My logging interval is 96ms and I logged this when I was dialing in my boost:

Boost Error* (psi)

Engine Load (4-Byte)* (g/rev)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Feedback Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Gear (Calculated)* (position)

IAM (4-byte)* (multiplier)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Intake Air Temperature (F)

Knock Correction Advance (degrees)

Knock Sum* (count)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)* (psi relative)

Mass Airflow (g/s)

Mass Airflow Sensor Voltage (V)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Throttle Opening Angle (%)

Turbo Dynamics Integral (4-byte)* (absolute %)

Turbo Dynamics Proportional (4-byte)* (absolute %)

Archived