LegacyGT.com

Stock Turbo EWG setup !

Mickav6

So it makes all the noise of an external dump with none of the benefits of a larger wastegate....seen these a lot back in the day on dsm's.

PS that's for an EVO ;) They have a divider between the turbine outlet and the wastegate passage unlike subaru turbos, so this wouldn't be constantly venting exhaust out BTW.

EDIT: I shouldn't say none of the benefits, external dump can help with creep even on an internally gated turbo, but then again I would probably try to port out the wastegate passage first to allow more flow. External dumps on street cars get annoying really fast. Ever had your jack@ss friend with an external dump go WOT throttle next to you with your window down under an underpass?

-Steve

So it makes all the noise of an external dump with none of the benefits of a larger wastegate....seen these a lot back in the day on dsm's.

PS that's for an EVO ;) They have a divider between the turbine outlet and the wastegate passage unlike subaru turbos, so this wouldn't be constantly venting exhaust out BTW.

EDIT: I shouldn't say none of the benefits, external dump can help with creep even on an internally gated turbo, but then again I would probably try to port out the wastegate passage first to allow more flow. External dumps on street cars get annoying really fast. Ever had your jack@ss friend with an external dump go WOT throttle next to you with your window down under an underpass?

-Steve

What is an external wastegate?

Archived