LegacyGT.com

Weird Smell when WOT.

never really payed any attention to it cus i never really drive fast, always cruising at speed limit.

but when WOT, i get this weird smell its not gas,oil or anti freeze those scents i recognize

more like sulfur or something rotten. can't really explain it.

any body have same issue, or any idea what it could be?

goes away as soon as i slow down.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

clutch?? Little exhaust build up?

nope not clutch, i consider myself a good driver. lol

& it doesn't smell like exhaust fumes either..

that would be the smell of car farts. Put a bottle of "Beano" in and it'll go away.

Kidding. But seriously, I call them car farts...my wife's CR-V has the smell every now and then too.

Is it normal that it does it every time i WOT? doesn't matter what gear as long as i WOT it'll smell soon after.j

doesn't really bother me & car seems to be running good, i just want to make sure so i can address the problem before something (else) goes wrong.

the rotten egg smell certainly sounds like an exhaust / cat related issue. Possibly stemming from something as, as the case with most cat issues.

There is a small amnt of sulfur traces in gasoline...

When the car is either running rich, or has a failing, overworker, or bad cat converter, you can get that smell (unused fuel burning essentially). Typically a bad cat converter is a sign of something else wrong (fuel injection, o2 sensor, etc) in the car, as cats are meant to last.

if its infrequent, its likely just a hiccup and i wouldnt worry about it.

Any current mods?

never really payed any attention to it cus i never really drive fast, always cruising at speed limit.

but when WOT, i get this weird smell its not gas,oil or anti freeze those scents i recognize

more like sulfur or something rotten. can't really explain it.

any body have same issue, or any idea what it could be?

goes away as soon as i slow down.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, other than check for oil/coolant leaks, what happens is at maximum HP you are puting a lot of heat out of the motor.

You end up cooking any oil or crap from the road, and the smell will get into the vents.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Are you catless?

nope, cat still there, i think lol just got the car about a month ago

the rotten egg smell certainly sounds like an exhaust / cat related issue. Possibly stemming from something as, as the case with most cat issues.

There is a small amnt of sulfur traces in gasoline...

When the car is either running rich, or has a failing, overworker, or bad cat converter, you can get that smell (unused fuel burning essentially). Typically a bad cat converter is a sign of something else wrong (fuel injection, o2 sensor, etc) in the car, as cats are meant to last.

if its infrequent, its likely just a hiccup and i wouldnt worry about it.

Any current mods?

as for mods, nothing big Megan Coilover Damper kit & magna flow exhaust.

smell is persistant tho, every time doesn't fail.

o2 sensor would throw a code right? as of right now i have no CEL.

Archived