LegacyGT.com

Control Arm bushing options

I will be taking the front end apart before long to replace some parts and figured while it was down it might be a good time for a bushing upgrade. What options are out there that improve over stock and are not polyurethane.

Not really but for some applications its ok. Ive used them for about everything that can be poly and never liked them.

For motor mounts they suck too much nvh for 4 bangers on my v8 camaro they worked great though.

For control arms they bind too much but certain links they can be ik of you have a rod end on the other end.

For sway bar mount bushings they are a pita to keep quiet but are not too bad if they are greasable.

Its not that difficult to install them correctly so not sure what you mean there unless people are not torquing the suspension under load and not using the correct grease.

Any way I prefer rod ends, rubber, or some kind of non binding joint like the roto joint UMI offers.

• I Donated
Properly torqued and properly greased they are not that bad IMO. Yeah, NHV is a little more, but just like any car modifications there are ups and downs.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 6 months later...
Forgive me for sounding like a total newbie but out of the GRB, GDB/A, and GC8, what would be the preferred set to order. I'm not knowledgeable about suspensions in general and would love to get to learn. (Any good reads?) I have a 95 legacy BD if that helps put at all. Thanks for the link ttnio, I was trying to find GroupN from an earlier post and couldn't find a site.

Patience young man. Dave will email back.

Do you know if your LCA's bushing, is a large o a small unit. Our 4th Generation takes a large bushing. Not sure, if we have the same kind.

we use the same fitting bushing for almost all models of the impreza. after 2nd gen the legacy changed its whole setup chassis wise.

Good to know. I was looking at the GRB ones in particular.

Part no. RST- 2027 -R as per RAllispec. You will need 2 pieces.This is the GRB bushing for our front rear LCA. (GroupN bushing). It's a harden rubber material & heavyweight compare to OEM. It made a difference on the steering.

I paid $119.00 shipped for a pair last January.

Archived