LegacyGT.com

TruCool or Hayden?

BarManBean

• Moderators

Picking up a trans cooler for stage 2 shenanigans and peace of mind. From what I gather there are two basic options: the TruCool 4454 or the Hayden 1676. I like the fact that the tru cool has a temperature bypass quite a lot, but is it worth $30 extra? Cheapest I can find a trucool for is $72.67 with shipping and it looks like I can grab a Hayden for $43.95. I’m assuming installation of either is going to be relatively easy.

Thought/opinions? BTW I live in VA, so cold temps in the winter shouldn’t be too extreme.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I had the hayden 1677 on my car with the radiator cooler/heater. I would get either the B&M or the Trucool if it is stand alone but if you are adding it in series i would save your money and get the hayden. They are basically the same design

Either bypassing or running in series with the OEM trans cooler.

I would not advise bypassing the OEM cooler, though. It'll help bring the trans to operating temperature sooner, without really impacting the overall temp very much. Just run the new cooler on the RETURN side of the OEM cooler.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Moderators
You get this in yet buddy?

Negative, been busy lately. Gonna try to do this, coolant, rear diff, and plugs (all the 60k service/pre-stage 2 reliability ho-hum) next weekend. Then UP/DP/BP TMIC/tune :icon_bigg on another weekend. If i happen to find any shaft play I'll have to get in touch with Bryan at BNR for a 16G--wife will be furious and I'll have to act upset :lol:

When are you doin' the VB mod? muy jealous...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived