LegacyGT.com

new sway bars and rust

Eville Rich

I'm looking to swap out at least the rear sway bar on my 2007 LGT. A major concern I have is corrosion due to winter driving. I'm not concerned about surface rust, but long term weakness due to salt in our Wisconsin winters. I'm not looking to replace a sway bar every few years or risk failure during a high stress turn.

SO - does anyone have experience with aftermarket sway bars and their relative resistance to rot?

Any thoughts on using POR-15 prior to installation to prevent future issues? I'd probably consider this for the AVO reinforcement plates, too.

In looking at the Kartboy endlinks, they are aluminum, so rust probably isn't a huge issue, but if anyone has a perspective on endlink corrosion, it would be great.

Thanks!

Eville Rich

2007 LGT

They're going to rust, but you're probably not going to have the car long enough for them to rust enough to cause a failure (though maybe with hollow bars?)

I have a stock front and perrin rsb. The stock has little to no rust, the perrin looks like the pictures in the link above. If you're worried about looks, do as mentioned and repaint or powdercoat them. If you're worried about weakness, I personally wouldn't worry about it

Archived